Trusted Contributor

RESURRECTION fans -- check out THE RETURNED on the A&E channel

I just watched the first episode of the new show on A&E, called THE RETURNED, and wow! It was really good. The premise is the same as RESURRECTION - people coming back from the dead - but the plot line is completely different. It is more adult and scarier than RESURRECTION. They are showing it again at 2 am and 3 am EDT tonight, and it will also be on A&E Demand.
Respected Contributor

Re: RESURRECTION fans -- check out THE RETURNED on the A&E channel

this show is an exact U.S. remake of The Returned (Les Revenants), the French horror series that aired on the Sundance Channel last year. (It's really nothing like the American show Resurrection but I can see that it might appeal to the same audience.) I watched this first episode on A & E last night and it is almost a word for word remake of the French series. It's surprisingly good for an American remake, although I think the French version is a little creepier. There is going to be a 2nd season of the French version and I sure hope the Sundance Channel will carry it.

Trusted Contributor

Smoky, I might have known that you would like this show! We have such similar tastes in so many things. I never watched the French series, so all of this will be new to me. Looking forward to the next episode! Clever twist about the twin sisters.
Respected Contributor

dawg lover, they did a great job of casting the sisters, too. Don't they look like they could have been identical twins 5 or 6 years ago? (I can't remember how much time they said has passed.) Believe it or not, in the French version they look even more alike.

I'm looking forward to next week. I guess the 2nd episode is available on demand, but I think I'll wait.

Super Contributor

I have watched Les Revenants on Sundance and I have to say I like this version in addition. As a Resurrection fan who believes that it wont be renewed gives me another good show to watch.

Valued Contributor

I loved Resurrection (fingers crossed for renewal), so I definitely wanted to check this one out. I liked it--definitely a different set-up and tone, but still fun and interesting.

Honored Contributor

What's the name of the song in the opening of this show? Anyone know? I really like it. Would like to put it on my IPOD, etc.

Honored Contributor

I'm watching it now, but I can't FF over it. This drives me crazy. I'm not used to having to watch commercials, etc.

So you guys say it's worth it....right?

Honored Contributor

None of these people have blood on them......where's the blood from the accident. I think I'm over-thinking this show.

Regular Contributor

I enjoyed it too and liked the way the show unfolded. Will continue for a wile as some of the new shows I cannot stand!

""You never know when the last time is the last time.""

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."