Still in season 2 and has been renewed for a season 3

Honored Contributor

Re: RESIDENT ALIEN RETURNS 8/10/22

Just a reminder. 

Alan Tudyk GIF by SYFY - Find & Share on GIPHY

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Ir's really turning into a 'people' show rather than one about aliens. I mean it's still good but I want to see more alien stuff. And where are the kids?? 

Respected Contributor

I missed the new episode but hoping it's repeated.  Really enjoyed the first season.  Not as much the second, so we'll see how long I stick with season 3.  If it wasn't for Alan Tudyk, I probably wouldn't...

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My TV guide shows the one being shown on Aug 10 at night is Season 2, Episode 9 but it also says it is a brand new episode also. Strange that it says its from Season 2 and not Season 3, Episode 1.

I may be wrong but I think they previously announced that the season would be split into two installments.

Honored Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My TV guide shows the one being shown on Aug 10 at night is Season 2, Episode 9 but it also says it is a brand new episode also. Strange that it says its from Season 2 and not Season 3, Episode 1.

I may be wrong but I think they previously announced that the season would be split into two installments.

@Melzie @SilleeMee   Yes, this is the second half of Season 2.

Season 3 has been renewed but there are no dates or info just yet when we will see that one.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I missed the new episode but hoping it's repeated.  Really enjoyed the first season.  Not as much the second, so we'll see how long I stick with season 3.  If it wasn't for Alan Tudyk, I probably wouldn't...

@sueinsf   If you have On Demand you will see all the airtimes for each episode.

Or you can check it out on the SyFy website.

btw:  This is not Season 3; it is the second half of Season 2.

I agree the first season was better, too.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@sueinsf   If you have On Demand you will see all the airtimes for each episode.

Or you can check it out on the SyFy website.

btw:  This is not Season 3; it is the second half of Season 2.

I agree the first season was better, too.

Thanks @Cakers3 .  I think I caught most of the repeat episode on SYFY (season 2 episode 9??).  I realized after that post that it was still season 2 and not yet season 3.  So we'll see if I make it through all of season 2!!

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For some reason, they did a midseason finale, so the shows starting again on 10 Aug are still Season 2.

I do believe I read that Season 3 has already been picked up.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Ir's really turning into a 'people' show rather than one about aliens. I mean it's still good but I want to see more alien stuff. And where are the kids?? 

I don't think this is a spoiler, but ...

the previews being shown for the upcoming new episodes talk about a different alien species that's already on Earth and they show the kids in upcoming episodes. I like the kids, too.