Respected Contributor

REMINDER: PR ALL-STARS TONIGHT

I can't wait.  I'm DVRing it since I know I'll fall asleep.  I won't be posting until after I watch it tomorrow since if there are spoilers here, I don't want to see them.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REMINDER: PR ALL-STARS TONIGHT

I stopped watching the regular PR, but I think I’m going to try watching this. Honestly, I got tired of the producer interference. When you start getting annoyed/mad at Tim Gunn, it’s time to walk away! LOL

At any rate, some of the designers will be new to me.
Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I stopped watching the regular PR, but I think I’m going to try watching this. Honestly, I got tired of the producer interference. When you start getting annoyed/mad at Tim Gunn, it’s time to walk away! LOL

At any rate, some of the designers will be new to me.

I didn't know re producer interference.  Tim isn't even part of all-stars.  The new mentor is the editor from Marie Claire.  It used to be Zanna Rossi (or whatever her name is).  I don't remember some of the designers for some reason. 

Honored Contributor

That Spring collection was so drab. It's hard to accept that they are all stars consideri g the poor workmanship and fabric choicest. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET - I know Tim's not in it; part of the reason I'm going to try to watch is because he and Heidi aren't in it.  I just couldn't take them anymore.

And I guess the producer interference is really just my opinion, but I couldn't stand watching and thinking it!  I literally began to get angry at the show - and it's just a reality TV show - clearly not worth it!  LOL! 

I enjoyed All-Stars the first couple seasons, but it too has changed.  Will see how it goes.  I do miss QVC being involved with it - used to like seeing the designers on there.

Respected Contributor

I liked the spring collection, but the fuschia dress was so out of place.  The fall collection was really kind of fun and I like designer Kelly.  There are some designers that I can't stand--the fuschia dress guy (I can't remember his name) and Ken and Helen.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really loved Ari's dress and she's the one to beat and the designers know it too from their comments.

Really thought that that Merline's was the wrong choice of a winner because of poor construction and I didn't like the "futuristic" aspect of  it and the model's side on the top was practically hanging out.  I think it was Isaac who said that he didn't like it either.

Cassanova should have stayed.  His was much nicer and flowing at least and Ken's was just too ugly and he even knew that it needed work.

Ann is one tough cookie; much harsher than Zanna was in previous years.  Maybe that's good.

That's a great start to my season of watching I guess.  LOL.

Saw the preview for Making Of A Model and will watch the first show to see if I want to watch the others.  I always give a new show a chance. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing wowed me, but I did like Ari’s dress. The top three dresses were hideous. I remember Edmond and he had beautiful garments. I think it’s pretty ironic that Michael Costello is a judge and he didn’t win PR. I loved his designs when he was on. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't remember Michael Costello but thought him an unlikable pompous