Valued Contributor

RED BAND SOCIETY--I will give it 2 weeks!

I was anxiously awaiting the premiere of this show and even the introduction was mind-boggling---it just was something that I immediately thought would never ever make it!! The premise is fine and I love Octavia Spencer ? but it is just poorly written even though the kids are very good in their roles. What a shame as think this will be very very short lived!! Anyone else agree??

Trusted Contributor

Re: RED BAND SOCIETY--I will give it 2 weeks!

After last year's cancellation of ""Almost Human"" I decided that I'm not watching any new shows that FOX puts out since they have a habit of quickly cancelling them.

Honored Contributor

I watched the whole thing. I thought it was interesting. However, a show about fatally ill young people is not going to be on my agenda. Too bad, some really good actors, like Olivia Spencer and Dave Annabelle ("Brothers and Sisters") are being wasted.

I don't think young people are going to want to watch it either. There will probably be a very limited audience for this show.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

How sad. I taped it.... didn't watch it yet. I wasn't sure what the premise was.... thanks for this thread. I don't think people like to watch sick people, especially children. And unless there is violence involved it seems people stay away from death.

Honored Contributor

I already posted on this and don't want to be repetitive. (Who me?) Ha!