Honored Contributor

REALLY GOOD "MANNIX" EPISODE TONIGHT (MON/TUES.) 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

[ Edited ]

MV5BZmFhMjc5NGItNTI3My00OTdjLTg5ZGMtNDBhOTNkNjYwM2ExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA2MTczNjM@._V1_.jpg

2:00 a.m. Eastern--  Mannix  "Cold Trail".   Mike Connors, Heidi Vaughn, George Voskovec, Patricia Medina, Paul Mantee

Love this one!  Sorry for the late alert, I'm so off my game, didn't realize till now it's on tonight.

Mannix is at a chi-chi ski resort in the Sierras, when one of two young women he's befriended is found dead on the trail.  He must act quickly to protect the other one, a sheltered professor's daughter (Heidi Vaughn), from forces that could be crookedly international in scope...

The ski resort setting, twisting action, and hints of espionage, make this one of my favorite Mannix episodes.

Veteran soap opera fans, you know you know Heidi Vaughn!

This even has English film actress Patricia Medina in it, as a glamorous middle-aged matron.  Yes, the Patricia Medina who was married to Joseph Cotten.  And the episode is chock full of 70's TV character actor stalwarts, like the rugged Paul Mantee.  There's almost a revolving stock company of such players, and they all show up on "Mannix", sometimes in multiple episodes...

MV5BYjFiMDMwYWQtMGYwOC00MTBhLTgzNjktNmViMmI2MTAzN2RhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA2MTczNjM@._V1_.jpg

Very good viewing for a Tuesday late night....

Honored Contributor

Re: REALLY GOOD "MANNIX" EPISODE TONIGHT (TUES.) 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

I remember watching the Fugitive, Mannix, Cannon, Mission Impossible when they were on TV.  Now because of METV  I am once again able to see these great programs and am enjoying them over again.

Since I can't sleep many nights, I watch these shows .  Mannix is still as good as ever as are the other shows mentioned.  Time has not made them less entertaining because they were all such well written stories, very good casts, and plots which held your interest to the end of each episode.

Super Contributor

I record Mannix every night.  Mike Connors was such a handsome man.

Respected Contributor

Diane Keaton was a guest star on an epsiode of Mannix last week.

Honored Contributor

Re: REALLY GOOD "MANNIX" EPISODE TONIGHT (MON/TUES.) 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

I caught that Diane Keaton one too, @aubnwa01 -- what a character she played!   'Mannix' was a very patient man!

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the house his office was in. Spanish style with the open lofting upstairs. I can still see Peggy looking over the rail telling him about a message. Thanks @Oznell  

Honored Contributor

I just discovered my cable provider has added METV to its lineup.

I missed the episode, but I am hearing the theme music in my head. What a fabulous piece of music.

Oh, wait, I found it on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBv8R7YfwqM

@Oznell 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Good eye, absolutely, @godi ,  his Spanish colonial office/apartment was fabulous!   I love the set designer on "Mannix".

Oh, great that you're getting MeTV, @GingerPeach !  Have missed your comments since you stopped getting TCM-- you always have such great observations.

Digging out "Cold Trail" on youtube was fantastic.  I didn't realize any of them streamed free, but that's a real find, esp. for those who can't get MeTV.

May I suggest a few especially good Mannix episodes for those who have forgotten them, or never seen the show?

Season 1,  Episode 1.    "The Name is Mannix".    (Now, this is the first season, which has him working for a huge detective firm.  In the second season, he goes solo and acquires his invaluable secretary, Peggy.)

Season 1,  Episode 2.   "Skidmarks on a Dry Run"

Season 2, Episode 1.   "The Silent Cry"

Season 3, Episode 7.    "Asleep in the Deep"

Season 3, Episode 21.  "Fly, Little One"

Season 4, Episode 15.  "What Happened to Sunday?"

Season 4, Episode 21.   "Voice in the Dark"

Season 7, Episode 17.  "A Night Full of Darkness"

Season 8, Episode 22.   "Design for Dying"

Honored Contributor

My fav season was season 1. I am such a fan of  his boss. Anyone remember Joe Torino?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

You are so kind, @Oznell 

Your comments are always so thoughtful -- and you provide us "full service" when it comes to television!  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.