Esteemed Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

CNN is showing this documentary again tonight (maybe because she just went back to work)? at 9:00 p.m. ET

RUTH BADER GINSBURG? Is this how you get around the MODS with a political post?  I can only imagine while you all love her.  It’s time for her to retire.

And I don't even have to imagine why YOU don't. 

Honored Contributor

She is a remarkable woman. I really admire her ,even  when I don't always see things ,the same way

I am glad she is being honored

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

CNN is showing this documentary again tonight (maybe because she just went back to work)? at 9:00 p.m. ET

RUTH BADER GINSBURG? Is this how you get around the MODS with a political post?  I can only imagine while you all love her.  It’s time for her to retire.

@GSPgirl   I am not at all.  You are the one politicizing this thread.   I made no comment about RBG other than a biographical documentary about her is on TV tonight.  Please cease with the political comments which aren't what this thread is about. It's for anyone interested in watching a film.  Period.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@GSPgirl   I am not at all.  You are the one politicizing this thread.   I made no comment about RBG other than a biographical documentary about her is on TV tonight.  Please cease with the political comments which aren't what this thread is about. It's for anyone interested in watching a film.  Period.

I saw the documentary when it first came out and learned a lot about Ginsberg that I didn't know. I want to see the movie based on her work to change laws for which we as women should be grateful. It's titled On The Basis of Sex and has also been nominated for an award. She was a pioneer in fighting for women's rights legally. In her time that made her an anomaly in a man's world. I am proud of all the women who despite the odds made it to the Supreme Court. Incidentally, Sandra Day O'Conner was one of the first. She surprised them all by writing decisions that actually pertained to constitutional law and equality.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

As someone else said, they are repeating it because it's nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary and I watched it a third time and I hope it wins.  You ought to watch it before you judge it.  Saying "it's time for her to retire" is disgraceful.

If you watched you would learn that her best friend on the court was Antonin Scalia.  They put aside their differences and learned to love one another as respected colleagues and then BFFs -- she eulogized him --- so surely you could open your mind for two hours.  You and your friends and family owe her a lot more than you know.

Occasional Contributor

YOU are the one making it political . If you don’t like her, why are you commenting on a thread about her documentsry?  I saw the movie about her, On the Basis of Sex, and ALL women should love her for what she did for us. 

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote: