Honored Contributor

Re: RAY LIOTTA, 67, DIED IN HIS SLEEP

[ Edited ]

@PuppyLoverBob666 @The last group of deaths of American tourists were at resorts there and some of the deaths were suspected to be due to the use of methanol being switched with the real alcohol in the resort minibars. The FBI ruled that a few deaths were not due to tainted alcohol. It only takes a small amount to kill. Just one drink could do it. There were many news articles about the deaths about three years ago. The Ministry of Public Health of the DR released a report about more tourists dying in April of 2021, so the counterfeit alcohol is ongoing. There is also a local drink that was found to contain methanol. 

Trusted Contributor

@JohnnyWasnt wrote:

Joey Perrini Smiley Sad

I was a loyal Another World watcher back in the 70's and early 80's. Yes, he played Joey.   He was one of my favorite characters.

Morgan Freeman also came from Another World. 

He was unique.   Loved his voice.  Very sad to die at 67 suddenly like that.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

A film that hasn't been mentioned here is Dominick and Eugene (1988).  Haven't see it in years, but it's another good example of Liotta's work.

As much as I like some of the "bigger" films he was in, I think this is my favorite of all of his that I have seen.  Would recommend it to all Ray Liotta fans. 

So sad to hear of his death.  What a wonderful actor gone much too soon.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Esteemed Contributor

I love the song at the nightclub in goodfellas by Jerry vale "pretend that you don't see her ". Always liked Layla too !
Valued Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

Wow, RL was toooo young!    RIP Ray Liotta...

This is my fave Goodfella's scene - Idlewild Airport 1963 - and the scene's score - from   "Henry is now Grown Up"  at Idlewild Airport 

soooo early '60s...a special time...

StarDust - Billy Ward and His Dominoes (1951)

Some Times I ---
Wonder -- how I spend
The lonely night
Dreaming of a song
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you
When our love was new
And each kiss an inspiration
But that was long ago
And now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song

Ray Liotta as Henry Hill in Goodfellas (1990)

@CatsyCline That movie had a killer soundtrack didn't it?  I can think of few films where music and cinema blended so seamlessly. Martin Scorsese is a master at his craft

Stardust is one of my favorite songs. It's just gorgeous. 

Another good one was Almost Famous and the two Beatles movies.  

@Linda0215   oh yes!  amazing soundtrack.. i have it.   Scorcese is the Man.   

funny thing for the longest time (i have seen this movie at least 2 dozen times) i had no idea the scenes where Henry is pale, sweating and paranoid driving and the chopper is overhead - the song playing is "Jump Into the Fire" Harry Nilsson. What a perfect song for these scenes.  "Jump"  wasnt included...its a cool tune...

@CatsyCline  Yes!  I used to have that Nilsson Schmillson album. I think I wore it out.  It's funny, it you mention Harry Nilsson now, unless you were around back then, most people are like, "who"?  And then you play them one of his songs and they're like "WHOAA"!  😂

Respected Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

This is my fave Goodfella's scene - Idlewild Airport 1963 - and the scene's score - from   "Henry is now Grown Up"  at Idlewild Airport 

Some Times I ---
Wonder -- how I spend
The lonely night
Dreaming of a song
When our love was new
But that was long ago
And now my consolation

@CatsyCline That movie had a killer soundtrack didn't it?  I can think of few films where music and cinema blended so seamlessly. Martin Scorsese is a master at his craft

funny thing for the longest time (i have seen this movie at least 2 dozen times) i had no idea the scenes where Henry is pale, sweating and paranoid driving and the chopper is overhead - the song playing is "Jump Into the Fire" Harry Nilsson. What a perfect song for these scenes.  "Jump"  wasnt included...its a cool tune...

@CatsyCline  Yes!  I used to have that Nilsson Schmillson album. I think I wore it out.  It's funny, it you mention Harry Nilsson now, unless you were around back then, most people are like, "who"?  And then you play them one of his songs and they're like "WHOAA"!  😂

@Linda0215   i know right!  i was kicking around in the 70s yea was a great time for music. its so plastic today...do you remember "The Town"  (from "The Point" ) on the radio - i didn't know it was Nilsson.   was like huh? who?? 

i just recenty learned that Gerry Rafferty had many great songs "Baker Street"; "Right Down The Line"    i just never knew he was singing.  He also co-wrote "Stuck in the Middle" while with Stealers Wheel.    oh to be back there for a day, firing up the battle cruiser, everyone chips in a buck for gas....FM radio...No Static at All  lol

Honored Contributor

I became a Ray Liotta fan late in his career.  What a pity.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

Some Times I ---
Wonder -- how I spend
The lonely night
Dreaming of a song
When our love was new
But that was long ago
And now my consolation

@Linda0215   i know right!  i was kicking around in the 70s yea was a great time for music. its so plastic today...do you remember "The Town"  (from "The Point" ) on the radio - i didn't know it was Nilsson.   was like huh? who?? 

i just recenty learned that Gerry Rafferty had many great songs "Baker Street"; "Right Down The Line"    i just never knew he was singing.  He also co-wrote "Stuck in the Middle" while with Stealers Wheel.    oh to be back there for a day, firing up the battle cruiser, everyone chips in a buck for gas....FM radio...No Static at All  lol

@CatsyCline 

@Linda0215 

Huge fan of both Nilsson and Rafferty.  Both died too young.  Harry at 52 and Gerry at 63.

Their music lives on.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Pearlee Loved Goodfellas and liked him in Field of Dreams. He also did a tour de force performance in an episode of ER years ago.

@Love my grandkids 

@Linda0215 

You two know the performance.

In that 2004 episode, Time of Death, Liotta portrays dying alcoholic Charlie Metcalf.  An amazing piece of work.  I snot up every time I see it.

POP TV airs ER every weekday morning.  I come home from the hospital and watch episodes I've seen so many times that I can recite the dialogue along with the actors.

This episode -- Season 11, Episode 6 -- will be airing again soon on the network (currently airing the last few episodes of Season 10).

If anyone has POP TV and hasn't seen this episode with Liotta, I urge you to watch. 

Sad news.  A remarkable actor.

Godspeed.

Just want to add that Liotta won three awards for this performance.

An Emmy (Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series), a Gold Derby and a Prism.

Fine work. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Oh Gosh.  I really liked him.  He was a great actor.

Does anyone really "die in their sleep?"  Wouldn't you wake up if your body was in distress?

I think that's what worries doctors about sleep apnea...