Honored Contributor

Re: RAY LIOTTA, 67, DIED IN HIS SLEEP

Another good film he was in is Identity.

Respected Contributor

I will always remember him as the psycho ex-husband of Melanie Griffith in Something Wild.  He was an excellent actor.  RIP.

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Oh Gosh.  I really liked him.  He was a great actor.

Does anyone really "die in their sleep?"  Wouldn't you wake up if your body was in distress?

It's not uncommon to die in your sleep.  Some causes are sleep apnea when you stop breathing for extended periods of time and your body doesn't get enough oxygen, low blood sugar, heart problems like arrhythmia, heart attack, stroke, brain bleed.  

I think you're lucky if you get out of here that easy.

Frequent Contributor

Joey Perrini Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I  remember watching him in Another World when he was a teenager 

when we were teenagers, I loved that show

Honored Contributor

Many terminally ill people, who sleep a lot of the time, die in their sleep. They just drift away. I was with my mom when she died in her sleep in her bedroom (she was under hospice care and slept most of the time). I was watching TV  in her bedroom while she slept and my sister passed by the doorway, looked in, and said "I think she is gone...her chest isn't moving up and down [as she breathed]." I looked over and my sister was right. I was right there in the room and hadn't realized she was gone.

Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear this. I did see him in a couple movies, but my favorite was "Corinna, Corinna", with Whoopie Goldberg. I think it's from the mid nineties.

Honored Contributor

Very sad news., at a young age .  I also loved Ray Liotta in Field of Dreams and Goodfellows.  He did other movies and a TV series which I enjoyed.  I always thought him so handsome.  He entertained and left his mark in movies .  May he be at peace with God.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips Dying in one's sleep is very common. My husband died in his sleep. He was terminally ill and died peacefully. 

The body doesn't always "wake up" when organs are failing. It's really not uncommon.

Honored Contributor

See the source image

♥Surface of the Sun♥