Honored Contributor

RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY'S BABY COMES THROUGH HEART SURGERY LIKE A LITTLE CHAMP

Screenshot_2020-04-05 Sean Duffy on Twitter Hospital update https t co FKhORuCPt6 Twitter.png

How great!  Tiny Valentina StellaMaris Duffy endured her three hour open heart surgery and is now recovering.  Sean Duffy tweeted out a very sweet video, from which I tried to grab a screen shot.  Sorry for the grainy quality!

The video clamped right on to my heart.  Both Sean and Rachel have that tired, worried-under-the-surface, hollow eyed look so common to parents with children facing terrifying medical challenges. At the same time, they look relieved and beautiful.  I believe little Valentina, like other Down Syndrome children, has holes in her heart and other medical issues.

Here's gorgeous little Valentina when she's not in a hospital bed:

index.jpg

What a pretty middle name "StellaMaris" is.  Am guessing it must mean "Star of the Sea"?

So happy for the Duffy family to have this behind them.

Respected Contributor

Re: RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY'S BABY COMES THROUGH HEART SURGERY LIKE A LITTLE CHAMP

Who would of thought The Real World alumni would be living the life that they are now? Wow. I hope all turns out well. 

On a personal note: as the youngest of 8 children myself, I hope they shut the factory down now. 

Honored Contributor

This is uplifting news.

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful baby girl. God Bless you Valentina, and family may your future be bright. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy to hear that, and happy for them.  Hopefully all will continue to go well.  What a darling baby!

Honored Contributor

oznell,

I am so happy to learn of this joyful news.  Like you, I fixated on her beautiful name (she's a beautiful baby, too!), and I agree that it means "Star of the Sea."  

What an enchanting name.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Screenshot_2020-04-05 Sean Duffy on Twitter Hospital update https t co FKhORuCPt6 Twitter.png

How great!  Tiny Valentina StellaMaris Duffy endured her three hour open heart surgery and is now recovering.  Sean Duffy tweeted out a very sweet video, from which I tried to grab a screen shot.  Sorry for the grainy quality!

The video clamped right on to my heart.  Both Sean and Rachel have that tired, worried-under-the-surface, hollow eyed look so common to parents with children facing terrifying medical challenges. At the same time, they look relieved and beautiful.  I believe little Valentina, like other Down Syndrome children, has holes in her heart and other medical issues.

Here's gorgeous little Valentina when she's not in a hospital bed:

index.jpg

What a pretty middle name "StellaMaris" is.  Am guessing it must mean "Star of the Sea"?

So happy for the Duffy family to have this behind them.

@Oznell   Your are correct.  It is also a name given in the Catholic faith; I don't know if I should give the info here because of religion but it is easily found online..

It doesn't surprise me that they chose this for Valentina's middle name knowing their faith.

Valentina is beautiful; I so admire the Campos-Duffy family.  They are blessed.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Oznell  good news, indeed.  a big sigh of relief for them, i am sure.

Esteemed Contributor

thank you @Oznell wonderful news,   so happy for the whole Duffy family !!!   What a beautiful child ,  God Bless her .   I love her name as well .   Every child is a Blessing and a reason for being ,  little Valentina Im feeling is going to do great things in her life.  She sure has two wonderful , loving parents and siblings.

Contributor

Oh thank goodness. Thanks for posting. I was praying for her. What a sweetheart!