Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Clarence Williams III -- Mod Squad

@Tique wrote:

Clarence Williams III

Clarence Williams III, star of 'The Mod Squad' and 'Purple Rain,' dies at  81 | EW.com

@Tique 

Now, if that bottom picture isn't classic 60s, I don't know what is!  I loved Mod Squad and I loved being a teenager in the 60s.Heart

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags  I thought the same thing about that photo with the psychedelic background, Clarence's afro and Peggy's long straight hair.  I don't like being old now with aches and pains but I wouldn't have missed the 1960s for anything!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@shoesnbags  I thought the same thing about that photo with the psychedelic background, Clarence's afro and Peggy's long straight hair.  I don't like being old now with aches and pains but I wouldn't have missed the 1960s for anything!

@Pearlee 

And don't forget the beads the guys are wearing!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I was sorry to hear this and, oddly enough, last night's re-run of "T. J. Hooker" featured him. The characters he played always looked so grim; did he or any of his charactersever crack a smile?

RIP

Respected Contributor

Rest In Peace, Clarence Williams III.....

Remember Mod Squad and the team well, loved it!

Respected Contributor

Peggy Lipton aged so well , she was very attractive even at the end of her life.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Peggy Lipton aged so well , she was very attractive even at the end of her life.

I read her autobiography which was quite interesting. She dated Paul McCartney ❤ and said he was a really good kisser (of course I'm not surprised! 💘).  However their relationship ended when he did something really not nice to her. 💔  

@Witchy Woman 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

Did she say what it was?  And, can you say what it was?

While I don't want to tarnish Paul's image in my mind, I'd like to imagine it was a "youthful indiscretion."

I'm sad to know Peggy Lipton is also gone.  Sigh.  So many from my youth are no more.  How can that be?

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman. It's a good book so I was hoping people would read it to find out. I'll put it in a spoiler. I read it years ago so while I distinctly remember the important part, I'm fuzzier now on the details, which is why I was thinking people should just read the book

Here goes and again, I remember the key part well.

Spoiler
They were dating although infrequently since they lived in different countries. The Beatles were going to be in CA so Paul asked Peggy to meet him.  Can't remember if she traveled to where he was but she did go to the hotel, or rented house or whatever at the appointed time, only to see Paul get into a car with a pretty blond woman who turned out to be Linda Eastman.  Peggy was very hurt
And -- I can't remember the details of this next part-- but she wrote to Paul in big letters YOU MADE YOUR CHOICE and that was the end of that.  I think she got in his room somehow to write that on a mirror or something but can't remember now. I do remember for sure her being stood up after he invited her to meet him and her seeing him taking off with Linda. 
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

Oh, I can feel her pain, can't you?  He's been standing us up for MANY years Cat LOL

I'd have preferred he not do this, but will try not to hold it against him...and happy he found his great love in Linda Cat Happy

Thanks for indulging me...I wouldn't have read the book, so I appreciate it!