Honored Contributor

R.I.P. Clarence Williams III -- Mod Squad

Awwww, this makes me sad. Clarence Williams III, who was part of The Mod Squad and appeared in many TV shows and movies after that, including Purple Rain, passed away Friday of colon cancer at age 81.

I enjoyed him in more recent years in the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries series Mystery Woman with Kellie Martin (who is now in the Hailey Dean series--I liked Mystery Woman with Clarence  much better). He had aged very well and didn't look much different from his Mod Squad days.  R.I P. Clarence Williams III.  

• Source: TMZ

Respected Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Clarence Williams III -- Mod Squad

Sorry to hear that. Of course, watched the Mod Squad and Mystery Woman series. RIP.

Honored Contributor

I hadn't heard.  So sorry to hear this.  Mod Squad was a favorite of mine at the time.  Didn't Peggy Lipton also pass from this same terrible disease?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Clarence Williams III

Clarence Williams III, star of 'The Mod Squad' and 'Purple Rain,' dies at  81 | EW.com

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

I loved Mod Squad back in the day. I though Peggy Lipton was so pretty.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that.  It seems like I'm at that age (73) that I'm starting to hear about so many actors/celebrities passing away, the ones that I enjoyed "growing up" with, ones that are my age or a little older.

It's always sad, I remember when my mother would comment about the same thing.  I remember once, many years ago, we were watching a TV movie that starred an older actress of my mom's generation and when my mother saw what this actress looked liked in that movie, she said "seeing her makes me feel so old".  I laughed because Tracy Nelson also had a part in the movie, and I told my mom "if you want to feel even older, that young actress (Tracy Nelson) is Ricky Nelson's daughter."

I liked Mod Squad a lot and watched it regularly.  I, too, thought Peggy Lipton was so pretty.

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear this. I loved Mod Squad back in the day! lol.....I have seen him in other things as well, a good actor!!RIP......

Honored Contributor

R.I.P.

R.I.P.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

i Loved Mod Squad!  they were so cool. And Room 222!   i was a teen then and was told very often i looked like Peggy Lipton. guessing it was my facial features and blonde hair...

RIP Clarence Williams .  

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this news, too. Like many of you, I watched the Mod Squad.

RIP Clarence Williams III