Trusted Contributor

Loved her in the game shows, Mary Tyler Moore, the Golden Girls, and the Superbowl commercials.  She ranks with Lucille Ball for me. Great comedic actress.  She was in a Hallmark movie several years ago, The Lost Valentine, that was wonderful and focused on a widow whose husband was MIA.  It was very moving. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was busy this morning, so I had not looked at my e-mails on my phone or even had an opportunity to log on to my computer until this afternoon. I was bummed..loved her in Golden girls.

I was really hoping that she would make 100.

Years ago my brother had to do some work at her house, and he told me that she was just as nice in person as what  you see on TV.

Frequent Contributor

You are right.

Trusted Contributor

Love, love, love Betty White! I really thought she would make it to her 100th birthday. What I've heard on several news channels is that no one in Hollywood had a bad thing to say about her. Truly a classy lady and she will be missed. Now all of the MTM Show and the Golden Girls main casts are gone. RIP❤️❤️❤️❤️

Trusted Contributor

Re: R.I.P. Betty White

[ Edited ]

She is what they call a real lady.   She was so much fun to watch.  She always had a twinkle in her eye.  I don't think I ever saw her not smiling.

I just realized that all the actors from Mary Tyler Moore show to Golden Girls have all now passed on.   She was a legend and a treasure.

Her love of animals was so beautiful and her giving spirit touched so many of us.

I love that she had a crush on Robert Redford.  She was asked, "Is there anything you haven't done that you would like to do...?"  And in true Betty form she replied, "Robert Redford."   LOL!

Wendy Malick, her co-star in "Hot in Cleveland" was just on CNN and said she never met Robert Redford but Wendy had been with him on a charity event and called Betty on the phone, but she didn't believe it was really Robert Redford and hung up on them.   He said recently that he had a crush on Betty White. 

Such a loss... and the world will be a bit less sweet, funny and beautiful without her here.

Thank you for posting.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

I think the snarky police is the reason more dont post, what is the harm in two posts anyway???

@spumoni99    Looks like the only one being snarky is  

YOU. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cal22 wrote:

Thank you for your post. I did not see the previous one.

Sorry the board police person was at it again.

@Cal22    You think it's not rude to upstage another person's earlier thread?   It's a terrible thing to want things here to be done correctly, right?

It's not necessary to sneak in snarky comments without notifying the person of whom you're speaking.  Cowardly AND rude. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624, you can't let it rest. Why must you always be such a menace and ruin things for the rest of us who enjoy posting here?

We lost an icon and a lovely and talented lady and many of us want to share our thoughts and feelings.

Honored Contributor

Writer Tammy Bruce just told a personal story on "Fox and Friends" about Betty White that is so telling.

Decades ago, Tammy worked for a public relations firm that was having remodeling done in the buildings in which they were housed.  Tammy was there on a Saturday, working overtime, and heard tiny newborn kittens from somewhere above.

She had the construction stopped cold, and then informed her boss, etc.   Later, out of the blue, Betty White arrived ( I think she was a client of the p.r. firm and someone must have told her about the incident).  She was laden with gifts and pictures for the staff, and special attention and praise for Tammy.

Tammy brushed off what she had done--  she said, "I just did what anyone would".   And Betty said, no, it was great.

She told her something that made a huge impression on the young 20-something Tammy.  That your character shows in what you do when no one knows what you're doing.  Something I believe in strongly too, and it made a lifelong impression on Tammy.

Loved getting this glimpse into the "inner" Betty White!  

Esteemed Contributor

Betty White was quite possibly the only person in Hollywood who was never the object of a bad word.

She seemed to get along with absolutely everyone she met and worked with.

I've read several accounts that she and Bea Arthur had a rough start, (seeming to be polar opposites in temperament),  but ultimately admired and respected each other.  Betty said that she truly hurt and grieved when Bea passed.