Honored Contributor

Re: Question on movie or stage actor or actress.

Tom Cruise and if TV actors count Tom Selleck. 

Honored Contributor

Katherine Heigl.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gary Busey.

After reading all the current responses regarding personal opinions since mine, I realize that I'm just not paying attention to anything but their acting ability.  They're just actors to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl  Funny that you should mention Cage.  I don't like him either.  Thought he was totally miscast in Peggy Sue Got Married although he was OK in Guarding Tess.   Some of the ones mentioned--Sandler, Allen--I've never seen.  

As a fan of TCM and movies from the '30s and '40s I don't watch movies with Red Skelton or Danny Kaye.  Don't think either is funny.

Super Contributor

Adam Sandler. No way, no how!

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

Is there any particular actor that you refuse to watch in any movie?   For me, that is Nicholas Cage.  There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.  If he's in a movie I won't watch it.   

On the other hand, if Tom Hanks is starring in any movie, that is a definite must see for me.

How about you, who are your likes and dislikes?

One of my daughters friends feels exactly the same way @J Town Girl !

Honored Contributor

Mel Gibson after his anti Semetic tirade when he was arrested by a Jewish policeman ( for a DUI I think it was).

I dislike Adam Sandler's comedies but am interested in seeing Uncut Gems.
Respected Contributor

I don't care for Bradley Cooper and have no desire to see any movie he is in.

I also don't care for Nicole Kidman.  To me her entire Hollywood career was fueled by her marriage to Tom Cruise.  After that ended and she hooked up w/Keith Urban who I also can't stand (he's not an actor, I know), I just have no desire to see her in anything.  For me she's over-exposed and outshown by her personal life.

(I never cared for Humphrey Bogart either but did watch 'Sabrina', the one w/William Holden and Audrey Hepburn and was surprised I actually enjoyed Bogart in that - he was older then. But I watched it for William Holden.)

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I like Spije Lee's films but wont see any more because of his hissyfit (real sore loser) when BlackKklansman didnt get the Oscar for best picture.
Honored Contributor

Too many to name.