Respected Contributor

Question on movie or stage actor or actress.

Is there any particular actor that you refuse to watch in any movie?   For me, that is Nicholas Cage.  There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.  If he's in a movie I won't watch it.   

On the other hand, if Tom Hanks is starring in any movie, that is a definite must see for me.

How about you, who are your likes and dislikes?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question on movie or stage actor or actress.

I truly can not name one person. I won't watch a show or movie based on what the premise is. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I refuse to watch any movie with Adam Sandler....think he has absolutely has no talent.......

A definite must see actor for me is Denzel Washington...he always picks such great scripts/movies to be in and is so believeable......

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing my "vote" will be unpopular but I've always disliked Humphrey Bogart. Don't like his movies (watched part of 2 of them), his manner, nothing.

Trusted Contributor

Meryl Streep for staying silent about a hideous Hollywood predator and giving another criminal who abused a 13 year old girl a lifetime achievement award.

Honored Contributor

Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, and Tim Allen.  They just annoy me and if I see them in a movie I pass immediately.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Katherine Heigl

Jim Carrey

Chevy Chase

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I refuse to watch any movie with Adam Sandler....think he has absolutely has no talent.......

A definite must see actor for me is Denzel Washington...he always picks such great scripts/movies to be in and is so believeable......

I cannot stand Adam Sandler and generally agree about never watching his stupid movies, but I do recommend Spanglish. It was a lovely movie and one of the only times Adam Sandler wasn't being Adam Sandler. Surprised the heck out of me because I think that dude is a total tool.

Esteemed Contributor

Rosie Perez

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl I had to chuckle when I read your post...I can't stand Nicholas Cage either!  I have seen movies he was in that I enjoyed....Peggy Sue Got Married comes to mind....but I think he's a terrible actor, and if he was the "star" it would be no incentive to me to watch a film!

i don't find Jim Carey funny...I've seen a couple of his movies, but he bugs me.

I dislike Tom Cruise, also....I liked Rainman because of Dustin Hoffman and the story, but not Tom...to me his acting is very mediocre.  Haven't seen him in anything in ages.