Honored Contributor

Re: Question on movie or stage actor or actress.

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
Jennifer Aniston.
No talent.

I agree, I heard she received an award for something, can't imagine what.  

Honored Contributor

Robert De Niro, I cannot stand him.

I dislike him so much there was a full color picture of him in the People magazine I had.  It kept opening up to that page.  

I finally ripped out that page....problem solved.

Too bad life isn’t like that.  Oh!  Wait!  With my DVR and my age I don’t have to watch or look at idiots like him.

I guess there are some good things about being old...Yea!🤔

Honored Contributor

Christian Bale- He is an excellent actor, however he is way too full of himself, and every since I saw him in the remake of Shaft and the one where he plays a Serial Killer, I dislike him......However, if I really wanted to see the movie, I would watch it anyway......

Trusted Contributor

Will not watch Woody Allen in a movie or watch any movies he's directed. Talented but IMO a disgraceful person.

Robert DeNiro -- I've cancelled him!

Jim Carey -- not funny, also cancelled.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I remember when we had a national debate about character and how we cannot separate a person's personal life from his or her professional life.

Based on that, I'd never be able to watch another film, read another book, listen to another song or have another piece of art in my home.

When it comes to the arts, I have to compartmentalize a bit.

I will say, however, that I've never quite warmed up to Woody Harrelson.  That's not to say that he isn't a competent actor.

What's even stranger is that I don't feel a connection to Leonardo DiCaprio.

I don't understand it.  I saw What's Eating Gilbert Grape and thought that he would be an actor I'd need to watch.  Fine performances, solid films.  Scorsese is smitten.  But I'm not.

Why is this?

My favorites list?  It's long.  But off the top of my head, Stanley Tucci.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~