Respected Contributor

Question about last night's episode of Hawaii Five-O?

Since I had become a little disillusioned with how dark this show had become I did not watch the last few episodes of last season.  Last evening I decided to try again and I watched the season's premier.   

The very beginning of the show was very confusing to me. Was the man in the chapel who talked to Steve about his wife being in surgery and how he had been a cop for 45 years suppose to be the ghost of Steve's father?  The reason I ask is because he so resembled Jack Lord.  It was kind of eerie.

I did notice that they are still continuing in the same vein as last year.  The scene with the dead tourists in the hotel rooms were quite graphic.  Several times I had to look away because it just was a bit too much.  

What most likely didn't help me was throughout the entire show our local news kept breaking in to give us an update on an active shooting was happening in a shopping mall near our town.  The shooter killed five people and as of today he is still at large.  

I know these type of killings are not to be blamed on the violence in tv and movies, but still I can't help but wonder if all of it causes an already unbalanced person to be more likely to commit such an horrendous act.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about last night's episode of Hawaii Five-O?

[ Edited ]

The CGI "man" in the chapel was obviously supposed to be Jack Lord who played the character of Steve McGarrett in the first Hawaii Five-O series. My parents loved that show, which is the only reason I immediately knew who it was. 

I think it was just one of those cameo type appearances. Although it was interesting that Steve seemed to reference Catherine, I wonder if her character is coming back?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

My husband and I thought it was the ghost of Jack Lord with an Australian accent.

Honored Contributor

I am glad I am not the only one who thought the man resembled Jack Lord

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

http://tvline.com/2016/09/24/hawaii-five-0-season-7-premiere-jack-lord-cgi-cameo-parkour-chase-scene...

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Quite a chase.  That serial killer would have to been an Olympian to have that much stamina.