Honored Contributor

Question About Chicago PD From This Week

I only got a couple of minutes of the last 15 minutes of this week's show.  My cable has a problem with pixillating during some shows.  They're working on it, but the problem hasn't been resolved.  I had so much pixillation with voice distortion that I couldn't make out what happened in the last 15 minutes.  I know Ruzek's father got shot and had to go to the hospital.  Then I heard Voight say something about his father had helped them undercover.  I didn't know if he just said that to help Voight's father stay out of trouble with his department or if it was true.  If someone could tell me about this I would appreciate it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Re: Question About Chicago PD From This Week

NickNack:

My cable has the same problem with dvr'd shows.  But this show was okay to view.  Voight did this for Ruzek because of his loyalty to him and his Dad.  His Dad was not undercover but he let Ruzek think that.  Great show isn't it?  I have watched from the very begining.  Also Chicago Fire and Med.

Hope this helps

Mrs Goofy (Judie from Wisconsin)

Honored Contributor

@mrsgoofy  Thank you so much!  I get so upset when the pixillation happens on my shows.  It has ruined them so much that I've had to watch them On Demand with commercials at times.  Comcast says they're working on it, but it's been going on for a long time.  It's not just on my DVR.  It happens in real time, too.

I watch all three Chicago shows, too, and have from the beginning.  I really enjoy them.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I only got a couple of minutes of the last 15 minutes of this week's show.  My cable has a problem with pixillating during some shows.  They're working on it, but the problem hasn't been resolved.  I had so much pixillation with voice distortion that I couldn't make out what happened in the last 15 minutes.  I know Ruzek's father got shot and had to go to the hospital.  Then I heard Voight say something about his father had helped them undercover.  I didn't know if he just said that to help Voight's father stay out of trouble with his department or if it was true.  If someone could tell me about this I would appreciate it.

It wasn't true, Voight back-dated CI paperwork so Ruzek Sr would not suffer from the fallout.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

It wasn't true, Voight back-dated CI paperwork so Ruzek Sr would not suffer from the fallout.

Thank you @SydneyH.  It was so frustrating to miss the last fifteen minutes of the show.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Ruzeck's dad got involved with that guy because he was broke and needed the money.  He was too embarrassed to come to his son for help.

Ruzeck knew his dad wasn't undercover and could end up in real trouble over all this.  When Voight told Ruzeck he was submitting paperwork saying his dad was undercover, Ruzeck said "you'd do that for me?"     

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Lipstickdiva!

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@mrsgoofy wrote:

NickNack:

My cable has the same problem with dvr'd shows.  But this show was okay to view.  Voight did this for Ruzek because of his loyalty to him and his Dad.  His Dad was not undercover but he let Ruzek think that.  Great show isn't it?  I have watched from the very begining.  Also Chicago Fire and Med.

Hope this helps

Mrs Goofy (Judie from Wisconsin)

@mrsgoofy

Interesting.  My satellite often does the same thing.  I thought it was just my equipment going bad.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Thank you @SydneyH.  It was so frustrating to miss the last fifteen minutes of the show.

I got your back, lol.  What troubles me is Voight is always under the eye of his higher ups so this 'favor' may end up biting him in the rear end.  I also have to wonder why he'd do this for Ruzek Jr after he was caught last season spying on him.  Hmmmm.

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I got your back, lol.  What troubles me is Voight is always under the eye of his higher ups so this 'favor' may end up biting him in the rear end.  I also have to wonder why he'd do this for Ruzek Jr after he was caught last season spying on him.  Hmmmm.

I think it's because Voight sees that Ruzak has the same amount of respect for the rules and law as he does. Shown by the antagonism and disrespect shown for Antonio by Ruzak in the beginning of the season. Voight sees a lot of himself in Ruzak.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown