Honored Contributor

Queen: Who Wants To Live Forever

[ Edited ]
Beautiful song with so much meaning that touches the heart.   I Love this version, because Brian Mays and Freddie take turns singing!   Heart

Released 36 Years ago today - Queen ’Who Wants To Live Forever’

Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever (Official Video)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Queen: Who Wants To Live Forever

[ Edited ]

That song  with such few but poignant lyrics brings a tear to my eyes every time I hear it.

That song was great in the original  Hilander movie.

Freddie Mercury was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in 1987 and  succumbed from complications in 1991. 

Esteemed Contributor

I give credit where it's due and he was an amazing singer. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:
Beautiful song with so much meaning that touches the heart.   I Love this version, because Brian Mays and Freddie take turns singing!   Heart

Released 36 Years ago today - Queen ’Who Wants To Live Forever’

Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever (Official Video)

His music will live forever!!! Such a amazing talent!

Honored Contributor

Freddie lives on...through us🔥   There's no time for us...

Freddie lives on...through us🔥

There's no time for us There's no place for us What is the thing That builds our dreams Yet slips away from us? Who wants to live forever Who wants to live forever?

There's no chance for us It's all decided for us This world has only One sweet moment Set aside for us Who wants to live forever Who wants to live forever?

Who dares to love forever When love must die? But touch my tears With your lips Touch my world With your fingertips And we can have forever And we can love forever

Forever is our today Who wants to live forever Who wants to live forever? Forever is our today! Who wants to live forever Who wants to live forever? Forever is our today

Honored Contributor

Re: Freddie lives on...through us🔥 There's no time for us...

[ Edited ]

He was a very talented man and I was very sad when he was gone. Maybe he could have lived longer had he taken the treatment(s) offered to him but he refused until it was too late.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

He was a very talented man and I was very sad when he was gone. Maybe he could have lived longer had he taken the treatment(s) offered to him but he refused until it was too late.

@SilleeMee  I heard he was taking  medications that were available back then when he was alive, but, the life saving drugs  like they have today, did not come out until months after he died... 

He did quit taking the drugs he was on two weeks prior to his death. He was in terrible pain....having had lost a foot to the disease....he knew the end was coming and wanted to be in control of how things went rather than taking all the drugs. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  I heard he was taking  medications that were available back then when he was alive, but, the life saving drugs  like they have today, did not come out until months after he died... 

@SeaMaiden 

He took AZT for a while and then stopped b/c he wanted to be in control of the disease, thought he could 'cure' himself somehow and then died.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

He took AZT for a while and then stopped b/c he wanted to be in control of the disease, thought he could 'cure' himself somehow and then died.

@SilleeMee  See my amended post above....I was typing as your were typing🙂

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

One of the best docu I've seen about him was on Reelz Channel..."Freddie Mercury:  The Great Pretender".