Respected Contributor

Queen Sugar-New Season Starts Feb.16th

Image may contain: 6 people, text

Trusted Contributor

Re: Queen Sugar-New Season Starts Feb.16th

Thanks,

We were reading the book for Book Club so I thought I would check out the show.  I am thru most of season 1.  Not sure if anyone else read the book.  The TV is so different.  I will record this latest season and keep watching on HULU to catch up.

Esteemed Contributor

I am watching.  I am so happy that it was renewed.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting @aubnwa01 .

Honored Contributor

Is anyone watching this season? I have nine episodes on my DVR and for some reason I can't get motivated to watch even though I've been a fan since the show began. Think this has something to do with the long stretches between a season ending and the next one beginning.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

I have watched this season and I will warn you it's tough to watch.  It is somewhat depressing.  They are dealing with the reality of COVID and the George Floyd death.  It is done very well but right now with all of that in the news I want more of distraction than seeing more life challenges.  I missed a few seasons but the one sister is back with the police officer and I really don't like their pairing.  The only good part is Ralph Angel back with the mother of his child. 

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal  thank you. I appreciate your reply. Not ready to watch but not ready to delete either.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique @TurnerGal :  I was so looking forward to this season. But, I am so dissapointed with practically all of the storylines, except, Ralph Angel and Darla's wedding. Why oh why did Ava Duervenay (Exec. Producer) think it was a good idea to make us relive all of the suffering and trauma we've been going thru since 2020 (pandemic, George Floyd)???  There's only one more episode left (thank goodness)!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  @TurnerGal:I just watched the season finale. I'm so happy to see the show has returned to the (old) "Queen Sugar" I know and love. Can't wait til Season 6!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Tique  @TurnerGal:I just watched the season finale. I'm so happy to see the show has returned to the (old) "Queen Sugar" I know and love. Can't wait til Season 6!!!

Good to hear,  I haven't watched the last one yet,  will watch this weekend.