Super Contributor

Re: Queen Latifah as The Equalizer

We love it.  

Honored Contributor

I only watched the first episode & didn't care for it.    The writers trying to jam too much into the first episode.   We pretty much already know her backstory.   Part of the draw is the secrets.   I think I would have liked it better if there was some suspense to her backstory as well as her current life.  Who is this woman?   Where did she get those skills?   Who does she work with?

We already know everything,

There is nothing to entice me to watch again.

I did love the original with Edward Woodward and who doesn't love Denzel.

Part of the draw of the original was the mystery.

I like the Queen, but this is not the vehicle for her.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I only watched the first episode & didn't care for it.    The writers trying to jam too much into the first episode.   We pretty much already know her backstory.   Part of the draw is the secrets.   I think I would have liked it better if there was some suspense to her backstory as well as her current life.  Who is this woman?   Where did she get those skills?   Who does she work with?

We already know everything,

@software  Not everything.  We know the CIA either lied or betrayed her.  We just don't know what the lie or betrayal is yet = reason for her quitting.

Now (next to last episode) we know she has agreed to "freelance" for the CIA. rolleyes.gif I guess she'll do that inbetween of "helping" folks who can't go to the police.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shopchickie3 

Wasn't she fab in The Last Holiday?  When she ordered one of everything...amazing.

Loved when she was out shopping for clothing...and that red dress was stunning on her.  It was a fun movie.

She's sure multi-talented!

Respected Contributor

I love Queen and have enjoyed everything she has done. I remember the original with Edward Woodward and that was excellent too (I didn't see Denzel but he's an excellent actor so sure he did this justice).

I like her easygoing manner (except with the villains of course!) and Chris Noth has always been easy on the eyes. Agree, great supporting cast.

Great to see this remake with Queen. Her motorcycle skiillz rank with the best of them.

Honored Contributor

I wanted so badly to like this show.

I adore her.  I’ve liked her for a long time.  I like the way it’s uplifting and that she doesn’t go into these long fist fights.  She takes care of business and the people in her way and moves on.

However, the storylines are week.  I just find it difficult to invest in the story each week.

I hope it stays on the air; and I’m hoping the stories are stronger and are some I can invest in.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Queen Latifah but her new show is B-O-R-I-N-G

Respected Contributor

Anyone catch the season finale last night?  I enjoyed it and am glad it is being renewed.  Sometimes it takes a few episodes before a new show gets its footing and am looking forward to season 2.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

We love the show.  Wondering how she's going to explain it to Delilah.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick Yes. Should be good.  Going forward, this episode left a lot of material to expand on for the upcoming shows.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread