Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth's rare interview

I was amazed she didn't know anything about how the jewels were hid back during the 2nd world war. True, she and sister were very young, but, you would think she would had heard about it from the talk around the table.

The interviewer told her about the secret area, etc. Here yrs. later she's just now learning about it.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I was amazed she didn't know anything about how the jewels were hid back during the 2nd world war. True, she and sister were very young, but, you would think she would had heard about it from the talk around the table.

The interviewer told her about the secret area, etc. Here yrs. later she's just now learning about it.

I was surprised too, but I guess she had a bigger fish to fry...

Honored Contributor

I suspect at the time you didn't want kids knowing this stuff (loose lips sink ships and all that).  But it is odd that her mother wouldn't have mentioned it at some point in her 100+ years.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I suspect at the time you didn't want kids knowing this stuff (loose lips sink ships and all that).  But it is odd that her mother wouldn't have mentioned it at some point in her 100+ years.

Who knows maybe the Queen Mother was never told either. In case they ever wanted to use that hiding spot again.