Esteemed Contributor

NBC has a reboot of the show "Quantum Leap" which originally starred Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell (RIP.) The episodes will start next month.

I liked the original "Quantum Leap" and, after watching a trailer, am unsure about the new one. There is a different cast: premise is that the group is opening up the portal after Dr. Sam Beckett vanished to find out what happened. Bakula and Stockwell had great chemistry, and IMO it will take  a lot of effort to match the original.

I might watch the first episode but won't expect much. Maybe it will surprise me, although at times it's best to leave older shows alone. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I loved this show. I will try the new show also. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Quantum Leap reboot

[ Edited ]

Let me guess, no, never mind. I just looked.. Utterly predictable casting for these times. Why even call it the same thing when there's no continuity whatsoever with the original. I won't be watching. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I liked the old version.  I will definitely check out the reboot.  I sometimes watch the re-run's it's funny because Al uses what could be a smartphone computer.... Coincidence??? I don't think so.  haha.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, one of my favorite series. You are correct  Scott Bakula & Dean Stockwell  were really terrific.

Honored Contributor

Reboots are rarely as good as the original.  No plans to watch.

Respected Contributor

I thoroughly enjoyed "Quantum Leap."

It might be interesting to check out the new episodes and see what they come up with.

There was a show on a few years wherein 3 people were time traveling looking for a certain person.  I cannot remember the name but it was enjoyable as well.  It seems it was cut after 2 years but so many complained it returned for a third season to tie loose ends.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Quantum Leap reboot

[ Edited ]

Timeless was a pretty good show. I'd rather see them reboot that with most of the same cast, though Abigail Spencer could be replaced. It's completely possible, as that show was on just a couple of years ago.

Timeless (TV Series 2016-2018) - Backdrops — The Movie Database (TMDB)

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb  Thanks, that was it, "Timeless."  It was most enjoyable and I wish it ran longer than it did.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Will catch it. We still enjoy reruns of the original show.