Honored Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT SEAL TEAM FINALE

[ Edited ]

Just re-watched this for the 3rd time (I adore this series) and do not know what the other SEALS were pounding into Brett Swann's casket.

I'm sure it was a star or award but would love to know exactly what it was.

Anyone know? Thanks.

UPDATE: Found this online: It is a tradition that SEALs pound their gold Trident pins into the coffin of a fallen fellow SEAL

**I wish that at some point this would have been explained. Maybe one of the funeral attendees could have asked someone so we wouldn't have been left guessing! **

Honored Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT SEAL TEAM FINALE

@Love my grandkids 

Thank you for this—I wondered the same thing, but I never bothered to look it up! 🤗

At first I thought the medals were all Purple Hearts because they had made such a big deal of trying to get one for Brett and couldn’t.  Then I saw at the end, one of the seals (can’t remember which—Jason, maybe?) put a Purple Heart on his casket alongside the other medals and it was clearly different.

On another note, when all the Seals appeared at the funeral clean shaven, I didn’t even recognize several of them—especially Sonny and Ray!  They certainly looked different in their dress uniforms, too. 😍

I’ve really grown to like this show.👍

Honored Contributor

@geezerette It was Clay who put his own Purple Heart on Swann's casket.

I didn't recognize Ray clean shaven! Have to say I much prefer all of them with their beards! Clay looks so young!

Hopefully next season they will all be bearded again!! And I thought Clay's ex GF had a lot of nerve.

She dumped him at the airport because she "couldn't handle it." HE was the one deployed and SHE couldn't handle it! What gall. He deserves someone better.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@geezerette It was Clay who put his own Purple Heart on Swann's casket.

I didn't recognize Ray clean shaven! Have to say I much prefer all of them with their beards! Clay looks so young!

Hopefully next season they will all be bearded again!! And I thought Clay's ex GF had a lot of nerve.

She dumped him at the airport because she "couldn't handle it." HE was the one deployed and SHE couldn't handle it! What gall. He deserves someone better.

@Love my grandkids 

Okay, now that you mention it, I do remember it was Clay.

I prefer them all with beards, too!  I’m sure they’ll return that way.

I never have cared for Clay’s girlfriend.  I don’t know what he sees in her.  Maybe she figures now that he’s injured he won’t be going back into action, which is what she didn’t like.  I wonder how their relationship will play out next season.

Esteemed Contributor

As far as Clay’s girlfriend, I can’t stand her but she rings true. I dated 2 SEALs. It didn’t work out because like it or not your life revolves around theirs. I was working on my own Navy career at the time and became resentful. We were young, it happens. Clay’s girlfriend says she can’t handle it which is good self awareness because she only had a tiny taste of that life. But now she is playing games. I don’t see what he sees in her either. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew IMO you are 100% correct about the g/f.

I'm hoping when Clay gets re-activated (and we all know he will) that she sees she can't change him and leaves.

Clay needs to meet someone who can roll with the punches and is actually mature. This g/f is not. She thinks all will be different. Hope they get rid of her.

I don't know why I get so emotionally involved with this show! It just irks me that they brought "her" back. Hope it's temporary.