Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,623
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Pure - New Series on WGN America

[ Edited ]

This series started on 1/23.  Tells the story of Noah Funk, a newly elected Mennonite pastor,who is determined to fix his community of drug traffickers by betraying a fellow Mennonite to the police. So far the show is good.

 

Another new series coming to WGN on 2/15 called Gone. It stars Chris Noth. They also previewed another show Disappearance. No start date. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,185
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America

Thanks.  I like Chris Noth so I went to WGN and there's a marathon of "Last Man Standing" (ugh).  I'll keep checking but I can't sit through shows with canned laughing.

 

Thanks for the heads up though.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,218
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America

[ Edited ]

We watched the "Pure" premiere last night.  It kept our interest and we will tune in next week.  Who knew there were Mennonite drug traffickers in Mexico? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,184
Registered: ‎07-27-2015

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America

Thanks for sharing...I saw the previews and it looked interesting and then missed the premier. Hopefully, I can catch up and watch next week's episode.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,813
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America

I saw the previews. I don't understand why the show has to single out a particular group of individuals. Drug trafficking happens within many circles on all levels. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,623
Registered: ‎06-09-2010

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America


@Annabellethecat wrote:

Thanks.  I like Chris Noth so I went to WGN and there's a marathon of "Last Man Standing" (ugh).  I'll keep checking but I can't sit through shows with canned laughing.

 

Thanks for the heads up though.


The series with Chris Noth does not start until February 15th.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,610
Registered: ‎07-07-2010

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America

Too dark for me.  I had to stop watching.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,884
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America


@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Thanks for sharing...I saw the previews and it looked interesting and then missed the premier. Hopefully, I can catch up and watch next week's episode.


@GAQShopr53

 

I also missed the 1st episode but it's again several more times before the 2nd episode on next Weds. I set up my DVR to record it so I can check it out.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,184
Registered: ‎07-27-2015

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America


@Nightowlz wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Thanks for sharing...I saw the previews and it looked interesting and then missed the premier. Hopefully, I can catch up and watch next week's episode.


@GAQShopr53

 

I also missed the 1st episode but it's again several more times before the 2nd episode on next Weds. I set up my DVR to record it so I can check it out.

 


Thank you @Nightowlz I was able to record the first episode and will watch it tomorrow!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,791
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America

have it set on my DVR but have not watched the first episode yet.

it sounds quite interesting.

Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand. - Dr. Seuss