Esteemed Contributor

Pure - New Series on WGN America

[ Edited ]

This series started on 1/23.  Tells the story of Noah Funk, a newly elected Mennonite pastor,who is determined to fix his community of drug traffickers by betraying a fellow Mennonite to the police. So far the show is good.

Another new series coming to WGN on 2/15 called Gone. It stars Chris Noth. They also previewed another show Disappearance. No start date. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pure - New Series on WGN America

Thanks.  I like Chris Noth so I went to WGN and there's a marathon of "Last Man Standing" (ugh).  I'll keep checking but I can't sit through shows with canned laughing.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We watched the "Pure" premiere last night.  It kept our interest and we will tune in next week.  Who knew there were Mennonite drug traffickers in Mexico? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing...I saw the previews and it looked interesting and then missed the premier. Hopefully, I can catch up and watch next week's episode.

Honored Contributor

I saw the previews. I don't understand why the show has to single out a particular group of individuals. Drug trafficking happens within many circles on all levels. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Thanks.  I like Chris Noth so I went to WGN and there's a marathon of "Last Man Standing" (ugh).  I'll keep checking but I can't sit through shows with canned laughing.

Thanks for the heads up though.

The series with Chris Noth does not start until February 15th.

Esteemed Contributor

Too dark for me.  I had to stop watching.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Thanks for sharing...I saw the previews and it looked interesting and then missed the premier. Hopefully, I can catch up and watch next week's episode.

@GAQShopr53

I also missed the 1st episode but it's again several more times before the 2nd episode on next Weds. I set up my DVR to record it so I can check it out.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@GAQShopr53

I also missed the 1st episode but it's again several more times before the 2nd episode on next Weds. I set up my DVR to record it so I can check it out.

Thank you @Nightowlz I was able to record the first episode and will watch it tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

have it set on my DVR but have not watched the first episode yet.

it sounds quite interesting.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein