Honored Contributor

Purchased a multi regon DVD Blu Ray player

[ Edited ]

I got tired of the cut shows that are broadcast on PBS and a few other places on American TV.  So I got a multi region DVD/Blu ray player.  So glad I did!  It's great seeing the original British TV shows and films.  I've been watching the full length British show Endeavour and Victoria.  It's like watching a new show!  So easy to use.  It plays them automatically.  Now I can order from Amazon UK

Respected Contributor

Re: Purchased a multi regon DVD Blu Ray player

This is educational for me. Did not know there was such DVD/Blu ray player. When you order from Amazon UK, is the US $ cost (exchange rate) automatically charged.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always wanted one of those where did you buy at ?

is it the same size as the U.S. ones ? mine has to fit on my mantle

Thanks !

@songbird 

Honored Contributor

@songbird  - We originally had a multi-region player, when we lived in England (so I could play things I bought here) and we got one when we moved here (for the opposite reason).

We got the one we bought here on Amazon.  We can play things for Regions 1 & 2; I'm not sure it would work for other regions (e.g. Germany is a different system).  

Also, the one we have here is an adapted one.  It was produced as a Region 1 and had a change made to accomodate Region 2.  Multi-players not needing an adapter seem to be much more common abroad.

I'd be interested to know what brand and where you got yours, in case our current one fails (it's several years old now).

Honored Contributor

@SharkE   @Venezia   I got mine at Amazon.  Check it out.  They have whole bunch of them.  They range in price from $25.00 to $229.00 (that is really good quality one that has upscaling and the ability to work with streaming service like Netlix, etc.)  Mine is a Samsung.  They are much improved how they used to be.  Now they play automatically any DVD or Blu ray.  My first one was the $25.00 one.  It could play any DVD you put in it, but it wasn't very good.  It made a background noise.  I return it for a much better Samsung.  I just ordered the series Black Mirror (anthology series from the UK....its on Netflix but I dont have that service.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kindaglitzy  The cost is automatically adjusted when you order from Amazon UK.  You just pay with your credit card.  I check the exchange rate for price before I buy. USA Amazon has British shows too.  All the ITV produced ones (Endeavour, Victoria, etc) are cut on Masterpiece Theatre.  I purchased the complete sets for Endeavour & Victoria.  BBC produced are rarely cut in the U.S. 

You can buy any multi regional player through Amazon.  They sell British series also, but you pay for American money.  

Respected Contributor

@songbird Thanks for responding to my question.