Honored Contributor

How are they getting paid, the 2 lawyers, investigator(s) & the podcast female????  confused.gif

===============

I am really enjoying the show so far.  I do not believe.......

Spoiler
the girls brother is the "killer."  I think the lawyer who originally put them in prison is the real killer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac   I really don't know for sure, but I assume they would be paid through the  federal or state government , in other words, the taxpayers.  Actual organzations like the Innocence Project are probably funded like this.  Who knows, I may be wrong.

Honored Contributor

Re: ❓Proven Innocent❓

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 

I have often wondered how the Innocence Project gets paid too.  Since most of their "clients" receive 6-7 figure $$$$$$$ settlements for wrongful convictions, I had assummed IP gets a piece too.

The tv series makes no mentions of their "clients" getting any settlements.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Mz iMac  I was wondering the same thing! I know podcasts make money and maybe they are able to submit expenses as Public Defenders somehow since most of their clients are probably indigent?   I am enjoying the show!  Maybe this will come up in a future episode.  

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

How are they getting paid, the 2 lawyers, investigator(s) & the podcast female????  confused.gif

===============

I am really enjoying the show so far.  I do not believe.......

Spoiler
the girls brother is the "killer."  I think the lawyer who originally put them in prison is the real killer.

As with a lot of shows, I don't think they want you to get bogged down with details. I suppose maybe tax payers fund them or maybe some corporate donations.