Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I agree with you Tique.  I thought the show was very well written and I especially liked the way they didn't make us wait until next season to find out about the woman.  That's the way these shows should end for the season.

I think the husband was a jerk.  If he loved his wife he should have talked things over with her FIRST.  I don't care for him at all.  I guess the sister has to be the bad guy.

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I agree with you Tique.  I thought the show was very well written and I especially liked the way they didn't make us wait until next season to find out about the woman.  That's the way these shows should end for the season.

I think the husband was a jerk.  If he loved his wife he should have talked things over with her FIRST.  I don't care for him at all.  I guess the sister has to be the bad guy.

I must have missed something....didn't the doctor get flowers from the lady with the scarf?  So she believes her experience was wishful thinking and the lady is alive in her estimation but I think she died? 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66@Tique

I thought the fact that Dr JB saw that the flowers were from a new woman indicated that JB is now convinced that she has hard evidence that NDE exist?

the implication was that JBs experience WAS real and WAS proof? I'm not clear.

there always HAS to be a "bad guy."  I think this is unnecessary.  They mess with characters and twist them.

Makes me feel manipulated.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66@Tique

I thought the fact that Dr JB saw that the flowers were from a new woman indicated that JB is now convinced that she has hard evidence that NDE exist?

the implication was that JBs experience WAS real and WAS proof? I'm not clear.

there always HAS to be a "bad guy."  I think this is unnecessary.  They mess with characters and twist them.

Makes me feel manipulated.

I think it was meant to be confusing because there is no answer...however, if the lady has passed over, she may have left the flowers before she did....so DrJB would have to look at the time of death....I think the end of the show indicates she felt she experienced wishful thinking but later, if the lady has died, she saw her cross over....so it was real ...depends on the lady with the green scarf, if she is dead or alive 

Honored Contributor

She did die.  She had a heart attack and died at the time the Dr saw her 'crossing over'.  They showed all of that.

That's why most of us liked the way they ended up the season.  It was good that they showed the end of that.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Proof - New show

[ Edited ]

Last night was the season finale.  Yes she was relieved of her surgeon position and felt betrayed, but in the elevator she saw a new person delivering flowers and this person told her she was the one that put the flowers by her bedside, the other volunteer with the green scarf has passed on.

Now she goes back into her mentors room and gives him a smile, to assume she will continue with the experiment.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition Thank you for writing this in an easy-to-understand way.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

In a perfect world or fantasy, the husband would sit down and "talk" and be more understanding.  However, there is NO perfect world and this is fiction, yes, but its kind of based on reality in that realm for sure.  I don't perceive him as a jerk at all.  I think he's very sweet and understanding and loving in many ways.  He just is worried about his daughter, which is very understandable.  In real life, this would pretty much be the normal.  Couples often don't sit down and talk, one of the reasons they divorce rapidly like rabbits!  Woman Frustrated

I looked to see if they were going to renew this show and the ratings are very poor on TNT and as a result, it may not make the cut.  Me, I'm sick of the violence and sex and mean, unstable people that seem to permeate many shows.  An example, the new show that is coming to TNT that they show the previews of constantly and I'm sure will attract many viewers.  Sadly, shows like Proof lag and lack because people want the other. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Last night was the season finale.  Yes she was relieved of her surgeon position and felt betrayed, but in the elevator she saw a new person delivering flowers and this person told her she was the one that put the flowers by her bedside, the other volunteer with the green scarf has passed on.

Now she goes back into her mentors room and gives him a smile, to assume she will continue with the experiment.

I was dozing off a couple of times during the finale; I saw her crossover but must have missed the elevator scene.  I probably will re watch the episode.  Thank you for your clarification.  

Honored Contributor

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

In a perfect world or fantasy, the husband would sit down and "talk" and be more understanding.  However, there is NO perfect world and this is fiction, yes, but its kind of based on reality in that realm for sure.  I don't perceive him as a jerk at all.  I think he's very sweet and understanding and loving in many ways.  He just is worried about his daughter, which is very understandable.  In real life, this would pretty much be the normal.  Couples often don't sit down and talk, one of the reasons they divorce rapidly like rabbits!  Woman Frustrated

I looked to see if they were going to renew this show and the ratings are very poor on TNT and as a result, it may not make the cut.  Me, I'm sick of the violence and sex and mean, unstable people that seem to permeate many shows.  An example, the new show that is coming to TNT that they show the previews of constantly and I'm sure will attract many viewers.  Sadly, shows like Proof lag and lack because people want the other. 

Where did you see that?    I was just on the TNT website and saw promos and film clips, but nothing about cancellation or future shows.

Kyra Sedgewick is the Exec Producer and has a deal with TNT, so maybe they will give this show a little more time to find it's audience.    I hope so ... it's a very good show.

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@FlowershopGirl wrote:

Where did you see that?    I was just on the TNT website and saw promos and film clips, but nothing about cancellation or future shows.

Kyra Sedgewick is the Exec Producer and has a deal with TNT, so maybe they will give this show a little more time to find it's audience.    I hope so ... it's a very good show.

I went to tvseriesfinale.com/tvshows/proof for TNT, it shows that they scored very low in the view participation, .31 in the 18-49 year group and 2.12 viewers per million, one of the really low scores compared to other TNT offerings.  Murder In the First scored a little lower than Proof.  I'm not certain it will be cancelled and am hoping not but the numbers don't look good for it compared to the other favorite TNT offerings.