Honored Contributor

I love the show too.  I've been interested in this subject and similar ones for a very long time.

Honored Contributor

Do you think the last few episodes have shown a softer side of JB?  Maybe the general audience feedback made them think again about presenting her as "hard-nosed." ?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Surgeons (and many doctors)  need to stay emotionally distant, especially those that deal with specialties where there's a high death rate.

This is a very good show, and I'm really enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  the shows I prefer are the ones in which the main character has some flaws.  "House," "Doc Martin," "Black Box," the quirkier the better.

So, when a show has an actor like Jennifer Beals being rather impersonal and analytical... I really like that type of character best.

Trusted Contributor

I really like the show.  Loved last  episode which I assume was season finale.  Hope it's back next year.

Spoiler
After her NDE and its repercussions for her and Ivan, I want to see how they get out of it.  The lady with the green scarf- that storyline  played very well.
Esteemed Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

I really like the show.  Loved last  episode which I assume was season finale.  Hope it's back next year.

Spoiler
After her NDE and its repercussions for her and Ivan, I want to see how they get out of it.  The lady with the green scarf- that storyline  played very well.

It was a very good finale but the question remains unanswered....I think the lady with the scarf has died as she crossed over...but I hope we find out next season...

Honored Contributor

I agree! Ended up living the show!

Spoiler
the lady with the green scarf made me feel a bit weird when she told JB to stop. Her explanation of people having one foot on each "side" was eerie for me.
Also one episode sticks with me about capturing a dying person's memories digitally.
Honored Contributor

The show stayed consisitenly interesting to me. I knew that the lady with the green scarf was gone and was glad that Dr.Carolyn Tyler's character realized it before the end of the show. If the doctor had gone with her and actually reached her son, I think she would have died also.

I understood why her ex was so angry but I hated that instead of talking to Carolyn first, he teamed up with the billionaire's sister who did exactly as her brother expected by taking contol of his company. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I agree with you Tique.  I thought the show was very well written and I especially liked the way they didn't make us wait until next season to find out about the woman.  That's the way these shows should end for the season.

I think the husband was a jerk.  If he loved his wife he should have talked things over with her FIRST.  I don't care for him at all.  I guess the sister has to be the bad guy.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I didn't care for the ex-hubbie either; he always seemed to be a tad bit envious of her success. He redeemed himself the week that the little boy prodigy pianist needed the surgery and because of things that had happened earlier in that episode, the mother had demanded that Dr. Carolyn be taken off the case. Her ex talked about how exceptional she was to the little boy and of course his mother was there listening also which resulted in her son getting her to change her mind. That was a very selfless thing the ex did - to ensure the little boy had the best chance for a successful surgery with the best doctor. After last night, his stock tanked. Again. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.