Valued Contributor

Promos for CNN's docu-series The Movies

[ Edited ]

Tom Hanks is co-producer of this series on movies over the decades.  It's premiering sometime in July on CNN.  In the meantime, various CNN journalists are recreating scences from iconic movies.  Don Lemon (with much swagger) walking down a NY street ala Travolta in Staying Alive.  Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer do chopsticks from the memorable scene in Big.  More to come, I understand, including Anderson Cooper as a Blues Brother.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Promos for CNN's docu-series The Movies

Sounds like something I would enjoy but it will be full of commercials.  Must remember to record it.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Erin Burnett is in a cute one too, I won’t spoil it.

Valued Contributor

@PinkyPetunia   You're welcome.  I'm excited about the series. I know what you mean about commercials...such a nuisance!

@tucsongal   I forgot about Erin Burnett's.  Amazing transformation.  I'll stay mum with you.

Honored Contributor

I just saw the Erin Burnett promo-very cute

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I love all of them, but especially Don Lemon’s Travolta “Stayin’ Alive” walk from Saturday Night Fever . . . So darn cute!

CNN is really breaking out with some entertainment this past year!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I saw Wolfe Blitzer and I think it was Cuomo dancing on piano key as a promo.

There were snippets of the series all through the Apollo 11 documentary showing last night as commercial breaks.  Interviews with Spielberg about his hits in the 1980s for example.  

I wonder why they are starting with the 1980s  instead of going in chronological order.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I saw Wolfe Blitzer and I think it was Cuomo dancing on piano key as a promo.

There were snippets of the series all through the Apollo 11 documentary showing last night as commercial breaks.  Interviews with Spielberg about his hits in the 1980s for example.  

I wonder why they are starting with the 1980s  instead of going in chronological order.

Thats not Cuomo, that’s Jake Tapper with Wolf in the “Big” promo.  Odd his name is Tapper and they're tapping in the piano scene.

CNN is hitting it out of the park with these promos!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

I just saw a promo with John Berman and Alison Camerata.  I have no idea what movie they were advertising.  Did anyone see it?  I also saw the Blue Brothers and the Wizard of Oz today.  

Respected Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

I just saw a promo with John Berman and Alison Camerata.  I have no idea what movie they were advertising.  Did anyone see it?  I also saw the Blue Brothers and the Wizard of Oz today.  

The mashed potato promo?  It was for Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Denise