Respected Contributor
I enjoyed last night's show. A lot of creativity was there. I guess it was Lindsay's time, since they haven't liked her designs over the past weeks. I really didn't think her designs were bad. Based on last night, Laurie's was poorly executed and not interesting. Ashley's was poorly executed and not innovative.

I liked Edmund's shower poof vest. It was dramatic. Candace's was lovely. I really liked the vest on Kelly's.

I think Swapnil is being punished now for his laying back. I would have liked the whole dress in that plaid fabric.
Honored Contributor

The judges are of 2 minds.  They can't decide if they want "runway" or "wearable" this season.

Edmond designs a great runway outfit. The vest is for the runway. Had he not made the vest, they would have said it was too boring for the runway.  No one was saying the vest needed to be worn.  It was clearly for walking the runway and revealing the top.

We obviously don't see all of the judges comments, just what the editors want us to see to create a story and drama, but they can't bash someone for making a dramatic piece.  As Nina would say, "it's editorial."

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Heidi looks at everything as a model or as if she would wear it herself.

Nina looks at everything as how it will look on a magazine page.

The guest judges are useless and only there to promote their movie or tv show or whatever.

Zac is useless to me.  I fast forward everything he says.

#ZacIsAPoorMansMichaelKors

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Heidi looks at everything as a model or as if she would wear it herself.

Nina looks at everything as how it will look on a magazine page.

The guest judges are useless and only there to promote their movie or tv show or whatever.

Zac is useless to me.  I fast forward everything he says.

#ZacIsAPoorMansMichaelKors

Great hashtag! Zac is annoying on the show. It irks me the way he fingers the clothing on the models. Many a time, I was hoping to see the model grab his hand and crush it.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised to see Ashley's garment so poorly executed.  It seems to me her work is normally more finished, well-made.

It seems to me Lori and Lindsay both have been underwhelming (but it would be interesting to have a way to look back at all the previous designs, since my memory might be less than accurateSmiley).

I liked Swapnil's design but I think I've seen the look before (reminds me of something Christian Siriano did, and I think Chris March, too.

I agreed with the choice of Kelly's piece for the win, and I thought the others were fine.

That countdown clock was annoying and I had to switch "Fashionably Late" off after about 10 minutes.  I know she has a lot of fans, but I don't really enjoy watching Rachel Zoe (just personal preference).

When I look at the "Road to the Runway" designs, it's clear they try to select good designers but I think many of them simply can't function well with such strict time limits and unusual materials.  So, we see great garments in their collection but some big failures once they come to the PR show.

They need Michael Kors back to spice up the judging, in my opinion.Smiley Great hashtag @VaBelle35!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Interesting comments from Tim Gunn:

"...Gunn is becoming uncharacteristically grumpy and impatient with this season’s crop of “Project Runway” designers. Only about half of the season’s episodes have aired on Lifetime, though the winner was chosen during the recent New York Fashion Week.

“I certainly believe in the designers’ talents, but I began to feel as if they just weren’t hungry — not all of them, but most of them,” Gunn explains.

“They didn’t want this badly enough, so their work was under par, lackluster and not up to their potential. So I was very prickly. And in Episode 10 (airing in a couple of weeks) I completely lose my temper and use expletives — which I never do...”

article:  http://lancasteronline.com/features/entertainment/tim-gunn-says-fashion-career-chose-him-will-speak-...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

The final looks, by episode, are here on the Lifetime/PR website:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos

Interesting comments by Tim.  Heidi said something similar on the Red Carpet for the emmy's with Ryan Seacrest.

Tim takes the show seriously and I'm sure it annoys them that they are wasting such a huge opportunity.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

For me the episode was ruined by the announcement in the uppr right corner about Rachel Zoe's show.

That was over kill for and hour and 30 minutes.

I had no intention of watching her show, and that sealed the deal.  

Honored Contributor

I notice that the sponsors get progressively smaller with each passing season.

Accessory Wall Sponsors:

http://projectrunway.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Accessory_Wall_Sponsors

The prizes also changed considerably over the years, too.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Belle, I always notice things like that too.  Like how many short commercials a show has (can be indicative of not as much money invested, thus MORE commercials).  That's a bad sign for a show (I think).

Also, the kind of commercials on each show will tell you their target audience (that's interesting).

When are they ever going to get, young people don't buy most of the things necessary to live (like toilet paper, etc).  They usually buy luxury things, which I agree are expensive but.......

I haven't watched it for a few weeks.  I do keep track of what's going on from you guys.  All of you do amazing jobs.

I hope to watch last weeks episode (On Demand).  It's hard to find the time though.