Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@dooBdoo

The final looks, by episode, are here on the Lifetime/PR website:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/photos

Interesting comments by Tim.  Heidi said something similar on the Red Carpet for the emmy's with Ryan Seacrest.

Tim takes the show seriously and I'm sure it annoys them that they are wasting such a huge opportunity.

Thanks, @VaBelle35!  I'll take a look.   I appreciate it!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Down to the final 6 designers. I personally think the final 6 is correct. I know lots of people are tired with it and question its relevance, but I still like to watch and see what they design for the different challenges. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway

[ Edited ]

Project Runway, Survivor and Chopped are pretty much the only reality shows I follow regularly anymore. I once enjoyed the various Housewives, but I have lost interest in all those insipid women.

This season of PN has been a disappointment to me in overall execution of the garments, but there are bright moments. I am favoring Edmond currently. He has a charming personality along with talent.

Honored Contributor

I am amazed at the items they produce.  It is nice to know that there are people who have the imagination and talent to produce these clothes.

I look at a card (I send out lots of cards) and that's what I see ..... a card.  Now since the show where they made clothes out of the Hallmark cards, I think of that show.

I hope this show stays on the air for a long time.  I think it's sad that it isn't appreciated more and recognized for the imaginative people who come on it.

This is an age where if something is old or different, it isn't kept or appreciated for it's difference or wisdom or even the fact that it's old.

I know when I was young I felt like many other's about different, age, etc.  Now that I'm old(er) I can think back on what I've learned......no....maybe BECAUSE I'm OLD I appreciate it (not like it), anyway, I'm drifting.....

I like the show and hope it lasts a long time.

Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I am amazed at the items they produce.  It is nice to know that there are people who have the imagination and talent to produce these clothes.

I look at a card (I send out lots of cards) and that's what I see ..... a card.  Now since the show where they made clothes out of the Hallmark cards, I think of that show.

I hope this show stays on the air for a long time.  I think it's sad that it isn't appreciated more and recognized for the imaginative people who come on it.

This is an age where if something is old or different, it isn't kept or appreciated for it's difference or wisdom or even the fact that it's old.

I know when I was young I felt like many other's about different, age, etc.  Now that I'm old(er) I can think back on what I've learned......no....maybe BECAUSE I'm OLD I appreciate it (not like it), anyway, I'm drifting.....

I like the show and hope it lasts a long time.

I agree annabellethecat, I've watched project runway since the first season I missed my calling wanted to become clothes designer but the time was wrong for me mid-60's  there has been lots of talent over the years.  I feel they have been on downward spiral since moving from Bravo.   Still miss Micheal Kors over Zac Posen, I think Edmond, Ashley and Candace will be in the top three.  I'm going to watch project runway juniors looks like a lot of super talented teens even Tim Gun commented on how much they are. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Respected Contributor

I like to look at Project Runway as I enjoy clothes.  I am always impressed from week to week at some of the designers imagination.  I have purchased a couple of articles of clothing from Seth Aaron's collection on QVC.  They are excellend and both articles of clothing got rave reviews including from me.  He won Project Runway as well as All Stars.  He is talented.

Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo, yep Tim lost it all right.  It was not pretty & I thought tonight's eepisode was a disaster from beginning to end. And I wish they would get rid of Zac Posen. He had his hand right on this girl's breast! (I think when they were checking Edmund's outfit) & he is no Michael Kors.

Edmund is the only one I can picture winning this especially with Swapnil gone. 

Honored Contributor

And  good riddence to Swapnil.

Still no Tim Gunn Save!  When does that stop being a factor?  It's getting down to the wire.

I fast forward a lot of nonsense so I may have missed discussion of it.

Swapnil will be lucky if he can get a job anywhere again let alone in fashion.  While I'm sure that a lot of what we saw was editing spin, he can't deny his own diary interviews where he specifically says he's not working hard on purpose and he gets distracted easily.

Who would hire someone with these qualities?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

How many times is he going to say "this isnt' the person I'm designing for."

Well, guess what?  You don't get to decide that until you are a Bob Mackey and THEN you can pick and choose your customers.

Until then......

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

And  good riddence to Swapnil.

Still no Tim Gunn Save!  When does that stop being a factor?  It's getting down to the wire.

I fast forward a lot of nonsense so I may have missed discussion of it.

Swapnil will be lucky if he can get a job anywhere again let alone in fashion.  While I'm sure that a lot of what we saw was editing spin, he can't deny his own diary interviews where he specifically says he's not working hard on purpose and he gets distracted easily.

Who would hire someone with these qualities?

My fear is that the Tim Gunn save will kick in and Swapnil will make a dramatic re-entrance next week.  They need to do something to amp up the energy as this group for the most part just keeps getting worse and worse each week.

Next week is the avant garde week which reminds me of my all time favorite episode with Christian Siriano and Chris March -vs- the two women who's names unfortunately escape me.  Both creations of the teams were the best I have ever seen and in my opinion the best season of Project Runway.