Respected Contributor

Project Runway: rainway episode

I thought that was an interesting challenge. I don't like that Sean won for a gimmick. The dress itself was not avant Garde at all. I loved Kini's, but Tom and Lorenzo said that it was a McQueen ripoff. Hated Sandyas. I did like Amanda's eyeball dress. Lol. I liked Korina's original idea more and I wish Fade had stayed.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway: rainway episode

Sandhya's originals are too crafty for me.... this one reminded me of a circus costume.

I could not imagine wearing Kini's dress for very long.... it was made of vinyl.... I would sweat to death.

I liked Sean's dress, and thought the idea was so original....

I wasn't ready for Fade to leave, however, I think he knew it was his time.

Honored Contributor

I was watching E's (TV Channel) show "The Soup" and they did the funniest comments on Tyra demonstrating how to shake your hair while getting wet.

Jeanne Bice used to love the host of The Soup. He used to tease about her on QVC then she came on his show a few times. Then he actually showed up on QVC while she was on there once.

Anyway, that show just shows the actual films and teases about it.

I can still see Tyra with water coming over her and her hair twisting back and forth.

I have seen some of the new season. I don't like the way she gave that guy the Pentahouse apartment and told him he could pick someone (there was one bed) so of course he immediately picked a female. Ugh!

These shows always end up showing couples ho, oking up.

Super Contributor

I loved the Avant-Garde "rainway" challenge, especially because the producers are now thinking outside the box, just like the designers.

The 2 designer tie was definitely the way to go, as both Sean & Kini deserved the win - way more than any of the others. Amanda's eye design was a summer camp project. Fade's would have been way, way better if it "came to life", lighting up with chasers lights as I kinda thought he was going to do. Poor thing. You knew with all the extra air time he was on his way out. One of the true avant-garde artists was tossed on the ag challenge. Sandhya has been getting on my nerves from day one. She has no problem criticizing others, in a mean way, but then when she receives a bit she cries and plays the cultural card. Tim, Heidi, etc. may not be on to her, but I am. Her design looked like a kindergarten art project.

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 annabellethecat said:

I was watching E's (TV Channel) show "The Soup" and they did the funniest comments on Tyra demonstrating how to shake your hair while getting wet.

Jeanne Bice used to love the host of The Soup. He used to tease about her on QVC then she came on his show a few times. Then he actually showed up on QVC while she was on there once.

Anyway, that show just shows the actual films and teases about it.

I can still see Tyra with water coming over her and her hair twisting back and forth.

I have seen some of the new season. I don't like the way she gave that guy the Pentahouse apartment and told him he could pick someone (there was one bed) so of course he immediately picked a female. Ugh!

These shows always end up showing couples ho, oking up.

That's not Project Runway. You're talking about Top Model.
Esteemed Contributor

I loved this challenge, too. In my opinion, Kini was the clear winner this time. I didn't think Sean deserved to win this time. I really don't understand the judges love affair with Amanda.....I think Kini and Sean are the most talented of the group.....by a significant margin.
Respected Contributor

Okiebug, we were discussing last week that Tyra must have given Hejdi some pointers to come up with the rainway. Lol. Can you imagine that discussion? So, Annabelle's comments relate back to that. Sorry for discussing too many shows together. Joel, on The Soup, loves to make fun of Tyra. Lol. I was thinking of looking for McQeens umbrella skirt to see how close Kini's was. I don't know and I was taking Tom and Lorenzo's word for it.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/14/2014 cosmic1 said: Okiebug, we were discussing last week that Tyra must have given Hejdi some pointers to come up with the rainway. Lol. Can you imagine that discussion? So, Annabelle's comments relate back to that. Sorry for discussing too many shows together. Joel, on The Soup, loves to make fun of Tyra. Lol. I was thinking of looking for McQeens umbrella skirt to see how close Kini's was. I don't know and I was taking Tom and Lorenzo's word for it.

I haven't seen any upside down umbrella skirts by McQueen, but here's a photo from Style Hive featuring one that McQueen did in 2009 (Paris):

Super Contributor

I wish I hadn't deleted one PR show from a few weeks back, because it's continued to bug me. The judges gave Sean the win on the episode when he was paired w/ Kini. As I recall, they'd loved the white shirt that his model wore, but wasn't it Kini who'd designed and made it? If so, that wasn't fair. The following week, Tim came into the workroom looking upset, and said that something had been weighing heavily on him....I seriously thought he was gonna say 'It's come to our attention that it was Kini who'd been responsible for Sean's win.', but instead he was announcing that he'd used his Tim Gunn Save on Char.

About the Rainway challenge, I know Heidi says 'This will be an anonymous runway...', but I don't buy it, as it's usually more than obvious who made what. Also, after the runway & when the judges were examining the garments up close - they were as dry as a bone, and so were the models. Maybe they just dried everyone down before the close-up look? IDK.

I do think Sean's idea was clever, but Kini deserved to win.

Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Sabatini2 said:

I wish I hadn't deleted one PR show from a few weeks back, because it's continued to bug me. The judges gave Sean the win on the episode when he was paired w/ Kini. As I recall, they'd loved the white shirt that his model wore, but wasn't it Kini who'd designed and made it? If so, that wasn't fair. The following week, Tim came into the workroom looking upset, and said that something had been weighing heavily on him....I seriously thought he was gonna say 'It's come to our attention that it was Kini who'd been responsible for Sean's win.', but instead he was announcing that he'd used his Tim Gunn Save on Char.

About the Rainway challenge, I know Heidi says 'This will be an anonymous runway...', but I don't buy it, as it's usually more than obvious who made what. Also, after the runway & when the judges were examining the garments up close - they were as dry as a bone, and so were the models. Maybe they just dried everyone down before the close-up look? IDK.

I do think Sean's idea was clever, but Kini deserved to win.

Sean designed the blouse but didn't have time to make it so Kini made it for him. So, Sean should not get credit for it. Had Kini not made it the blouse would have been poorly made or maybe modified to fit the limited time. Kini has been the obvious winner more than once and it's shameful that he's lost. I agree that Sean's dress was special but no where near as wonderful as Kini's.