Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 MAR 5 (Episode 13) - Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

@DearPrudence 

Geoffrey reminds me of SLAVE from SOUTH PARK!

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I'm conflicted again.  Still don't like Victoria but Sergio has gotten a bit better but he needs to decide if he wants to be a designer or a crusader.  I think we will see totally different things at fashion week as they change things up based on the critiques.

@mspatmac it always seems like what we see on the final runway is completely different than what we see in the workroom and on the runway for the critique.  Funny, I don't remember Sergio being a crusader until the episode where he embroidered names on his skirt of people who died crossing the border.  Then, suddenly, everything had to be a cause.

Honored Contributor

Wasn’t wowed by anything I saw in the preview of their collections. I liked Sergio’s black fringe dress and Nancy’s liquid dress without the collar thing. I didn’t like anything Geoffrey presented on the runway. Victoria’s pieces were too wearable and the bland color was boring. It will be interesting to see who gets to show and who wins. I don’t really have a favorite this season.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I DVR it and still fall asleep and then end up rewinding it and then fall asleep again.  It's always on the runway too.  I am tired of rewinding it so don't after the 3rd time.  This time I missed Nancy's critique.  Did they like it or not?  I liked it much better than her usual but still don't like the fabrics -- too dark for me.

I liked Sergio's but Nina thought it was dated?  I loved the dress that he said that was 45 lbs.  That white dress was just too sheer for me and that did look dated.

Congrats to Victoria for making something different but I agree with Brandon about branding and how she's not there yet.  That was harsh but true.  That sequins jumpsuit was bad and Nina trashed that one too.  She has a right to be critical too since it's almost the end.

As for Geoffrey, not sure how I feel.  That jacket was just too poofy and the male model's outfit was just too strange.  I don't know if these were the best to show.  I didn't like any of them. 

Honored Contributor

@DearPrudence wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Geoffrey - interesting but he needs to tweak and rework some of his designs.  He is a wreck and emotionally I don't know if he can handle winning.  They better have EMS onsite during the finale runway.

He's a wreck either way, win or lose. I've never seen a grown man so frequently on the verge of tears.  I admit to laughing out loud at the Village People outfit he wore last night.

Oh there have been men on Project Runway who cried almost constantly on the runway. It's the fashion industry. Full of creatives. You kind of know to expect all kinds of emotions.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

have to say.........even though i am not a big fan of Sergio i thought he would end up one of the top three of Proj Runway............the others i have to say i didn't think would make it there.................I feel like Nancy is a bit all over the place....Victoria a one trick pony and Geoffrey besides crying too much (often think it is used to get sympathy to stay on the show...........i know Victoria was doing it a couple times and it worked!).................but as i was saying Geoffrey's outfits were just so Michelin Man..........just too out there................................

Can't say i am a very big fan of any of them this season...

Valued Contributor

I've so had it with Nina as a judge.  She just doesn't like Sergio for some reason - his designs were a lot better than Modavia whatever her name is.

I can't believe she criticized him for his Asian look in the avante garde show saying that some other designer had done that.  Well, it looked totally different to me and I'm not sure that just because one designer featured Asian that thereafter no one else can do Asian.

She keeps saying "I've seen that before."  Most of the time I personally haven't seen that before.  I think at this point she is just too jaded to be objective.  

Honored Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I've so had it with Nina as a judge.  She just doesn't like Sergio for some reason - his designs were a lot better than Modavia whatever her name is.

I can't believe she criticized him for his Asian look in the avante garde show saying that some other designer had done that.  Well, it looked totally different to me and I'm not sure that just because one designer featured Asian that thereafter no one else can do Asian.

She keeps saying "I've seen that before."  Most of the time I personally haven't seen that before.  I think at this point she is just too jaded to be objective.  

I totally disagree about Sergio.  He never shuts up about avant garde, which is a separate track in design school.  So Nina and most of the audience know he's seen every one of the garments he's plagiarized, and it's plagiarism and it's blatant.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@DearPrudence 

Geoffrey reminds me of SLAVE from SOUTH PARK!

NAILED IT!!!!

Geoffrey is wearing BDSM wear.  That's not meant to carry hammers LOL.  That's meant to...Google it. 

Glad you see it, Ko.  I'm tired of his constant BDSM wear.  I knew someone I volunteered with who wore it and told me at length what he did in it.  Mr. Slave is funny but in real life I say keep it to yourself.

Honored Contributor

Hi, PR peeps!

Worst season on Bravo IMOI.  This one would have fit right in on Lifetime.  Super disappointed  Big prize, some great judges, some very good challenges...and nothing.  I basically just watch Christian and the crit and skip the rest.  Christian bless his kind soul has done his best to make them seem better than they are.

Winner:  no one and certainly not the audience