Esteemed Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 MAR 12 (Episode 14 - Finale) - Spoilers Included

I was not impressed with any of the finalists. Geoffrey's designs looked like the Michelin Man. You could expect a lift off at any time.

I think Victoria can't sew. Most of her designs were ill fitting except for the last one. I think Sergio is a good designer and seamstress. His clothing fit all the models. Nancy can sew but really had no vision. I was surprised to see her husband. 

IMHO, this was not a good season. Many of the designers lacked talent. Hopefully next season will be better.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

So not one person is watching the Netflix version that is said to be so superior?

Does anyone plan to watch Heidi & Tim's international competiton on Amazon upcoming (if not postponed) with contestants from all over the world and the clothes really for sale?

(not preorders from an iffy company like PR, that are not all fulfilled, a friend ordered something last season that was canceled after the season finale).

Hi @LoriLori , I am not a streaming kind of person so I do not have either Netflix or Amazon Prime but if I had either/both I would love to watch both shows.

And wow, that's too bad about canceling orders for garments that were on the show . . . phooey on that!

Valued Contributor

Nancy was my favorite but I am happy for Geoffrey. I was hoping Sergio and Victoria would not win. I think most of Sergio's designs this season were beautiful but I wasn't crazy about this collection. He is very talented but also very smug! Just didn't like his attitude. I did like the proposal! I didn't like most of Victoria's designs and I thought she was obnoxious! I like Christian and Karly but I am really looking forward to Heidi and Tim's new show on Netflix. I miss them!!

Honored Contributor

@Baylie Heidi and Tim aren't going on Netflix, it's Amazon Prime. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks, CelticCrafter! I never remember if streaming shows I want to watch are on Amazon or Netflix and often have to check both! 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

So not one person is watching the Netflix version that is said to be so superior?

Does anyone plan to watch Heidi & Tim's international competiton on Amazon upcoming (if not postponed) with contestants from all over the world and the clothes really for sale?

(not preorders from an iffy company like PR, that are not all fulfilled, a friend ordered something last season that was canceled after the season finale).

Hi @LoriLori , I am not a streaming kind of person so I do not have either Netflix or Amazon Prime but if I had either/both I would love to watch both shows.

And wow, that's too bad about canceling orders for garments that were on the show . . . phooey on that!

I don't have Netflix either.  I do have an Amazon Prime account, but have never tried streaming.  Gotta figure out how to get it on my Smart TV.  I think it starts next week.  For some reason March 17 is in my head.  Do you have to watch it live or can you watch it anytime after it airs?  Not sure how these streaming services work since I can't record.

Honored Contributor

no netflix or prime - so I won't be watching

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do not see Geoffry's collection as fashion forward, edgy, etc.  Puffer jackets have been around for a few years now.  Just because you enlarge them to unwearable proportions does not make them edgier.  Just my personal opinion.  

Esteemed Contributor

Ok, I watched last night while relaxing after work and world drama.

Victoria - I was surprised but somewhat impressed that last dress was simple yet elegant otherwise her collection was very Max Mara like with the jackets and pocket placement.  The pink outfits I really liked.  Glad she didn't win!

Nancy - did a wonderful job and it was so Nancy that fabric she uses look like water on the body.  I love that she used a variety of models  I read she has arthritis that pains her daily so kudos to her for a job well done.  Even though she didn't win she should be very proud.

Sergio- actual started off kinda boring after the high I was on but gradually built up to a beautiful collection.  I do think that one fitted sky blue knit dress with the fringe would have looked so much better if he had the model wear skin tone undergarments I thought the fact that you could easily see her undergarments was tacky especially for him since he is such a perfectionist. Sergio will always be that's my story and I am sticking to it kind of guy.

Geoffrey- his collection was really out there but that purple outfit turned out to be stunning...he definitely listened and made some very positive changes that improved his designs.  Glad he didn't pass out when they announced he was the winner, although I think he would 

Another season finished but I personally miss Heidi I'm not a fan of Karlie.  I like Brandon and of course Christian still on the fence with Elaine although she had good feedback.  Nina will be Nina.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow....was totally surprised that Geoffry won....didn't care for any of his creations....the huge jackets were overdone and what was all those strips hanging down from everyone wearing those huge jackets??  just odd and not something actually wearable for the common woman..................

Also i got tired of the tears......ok...cry once...maybe twice. but Geoffry was tearing up with just about every sentence....he  needs help.

Nancy's collection seemed more of a statement as opposed to the fashion aspect....

Victoria i thought had a few really nice pieces....a bit too many of the tan  two piece outfits....love the last cream dress, etc.  i thought either she or Sergio would win...

Sergio.............i wanted his collection to win...........in the end i think most women would love to be seen in his fashions.......he was a bit full of himself during the season.....but he did create lovely clothes.......