Esteemed Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 Jan 9 (Episode 5) - Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

I was like Melanie I hated the 80's fashion also. She was the right one to go home. Sergio is a jerk but is talented. I like Delvin even those he is snobby. Fun for Geoffrey to meet Cyndi who is very likable. Brittany was obnoxious in this episode. I didn't hate this challenge but didn't love it either.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Nancy's outfit was a hot mess imo.  Not sure why she was upset that she was safe.  I'm not sure how I feel about her either.  I'm not wow'ed by her but am willing to give her a shot.  I don't think she'll get to the end.  I think Delvin will.  I think Geoffrey might.

I agree with your post @jellyBEAN .  As I am approximately her age (so she should be very familiar with 80's fashion) she was lucky she was in the middle.  It screamed those of us that lived through that era and tried to take some of the edges off of what was arguably the worst fashion decade on the planet.  I hope she does well but I don't see her finishing in the top tier.

Honored Contributor

While I'm not sure she would admit it, I think Melanie knew it was time for her to go home.  She's not mature enough for this competition, much less for the big time.  She needs to grow some more and become confident in her design estthetic (sp?).

I have had my Progesterone for the evening and can barely stay awake or focus on this post to complete it.  Hopefully, this post makes sense. I am so dizzy I can't see straight without closing one eye and I might not be completely coherent.  

Honored Contributor

Victoria will make something completely different and they will put her on the bottom and skewer her for a horrible design.

Every. Season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I liked all the safe looks.

Sergio and Melanie were the worst to me.  One or more of the judges needs to pop Sergio's head so that he can come down to earth good grief and Melanie is and sounds lost I don't even remember her past designs.  I forgot to add Nancy I don't know how she was safe.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess

I am reading your post and it is perfectly coherent, so don't worry about the pred intake affecting your words!
Didn't love this episode, as I saw no modern interpretations of 80s pop or punk. But...I agree with the posters who said that Cyndi L. looks sensational! She is so cool (Since she said she worked in a vintage clothing store, I thought the looks might have been more eclectic and unusual.)
Adding safety pins to black and white jumbo stripes does not make an outfit "punk" to me. It's so odd that both teams chose pink and black and white...I suppose they were trying to show soft with hard, or feminine with masculine, but why not use a less literal color than pink?
Sergio is probably incredibly insecure, as are most arrogant people who have to tell you how smart they are. He actually said to his model (paraphrasing) that she would always have good fittings with him because he knows what he's doing. Really?
I liked the details in Victoria's jacket when they showed it up close, most especially that unusually-placed asymmetrical zipper.
Hated Brittany's pink pant suit and like the above poster said, I cannot even believe it was in the top three!
Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN
Yes, agreed, Christian has a snarky side! Tim Gunn was definitely more academic and gentlemanly.
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Icegoddess

I am reading your post and it is perfectly coherent, so don't worry about the pred intake affecting your words!
Didn't love this episode, as I saw no modern interpretations of 80s pop or punk. But...I agree with the posters who said that Cyndi L. looks sensational! She is so cool (Since she said she worked in a vintage clothing store, I thought the looks might have been more eclectic and unusual.)
Adding safety pins to black and white jumbo stripes does not make an outfit "punk" to me. It's so odd that both teams chose pink and black and white...I suppose they were trying to show soft with hard, or feminine with masculine, but why not use a less literal color than pink?
Sergio is probably incredibly insecure, as are most arrogant people who have to tell you how smart they are. He actually said to his model (paraphrasing) that she would always have good fittings with him because he knows what he's doing. Really?
I liked the details in Victoria's jacket when they showed it up close, most especially that unusually-placed asymmetrical zipper.
Hated Brittany's pink pant suit and like the above poster said, I cannot even believe it was in the top three!

@MarnieRez3, funny story about last night and my Progesterone.  I got up this morning and walked into the kitchen and realized the dishwasher was running.  Oh, I meant to run that last night before going to bed.  My husband said "Yeah, I thought so.  All the dishes were in it and the button had been pushed but you didn't shut the door.  I didn't check the soap dispenser though."  I can't remember if I put a soap pod in it or not.  The dishes seemed clean enough whether I did or not.  

I caught that comment from Sergio.  I haven't heard this season, but I assume they are still mixing up the models on them, and they have to rely on the measurements given to them on their cards, so I don't know how Sergio can say that.  I remember last season some of those measurements were way off, at least according to some of the designers.  I guess it depends on whether the models gave them their measurements or if they were actually measured.  I hope they get more than bust, waist, and hip measurements.  

Trusted Contributor

Lololol...oh my @Icegoddess, you really were out of it! 💜
Honored Contributor

late to the show - and just watched the episode

I so agree with many of you that the pink outfit does not belong in the top 3 and so glad Geoffrey won - although I liked Victoria's look - it is beginning to blend together

Judges always have their favorites as I'm sure many times the judges will call out a contestant for showing them the same silhouette but Nina kept saying how fresh it is....

PR kept showing how Team Chaos was not progressing as much as the other team - I was wondering if it was a setup so that the viewer would be surprised at the winning team. OMG  BEETLEJUICE runway show and the movie did come out in the 80s- I did like the short twirly dress a lot

oh Sergio, the things that come out of his mouth- if something is confusing - you are changing the world. Designing for a more mature 40s and 50s esthetic equates to posterior ugly? Cyndi and J lo are 50 - I don't think so.

waving hi to @momtochloe and @MarnieRez3 how u doing?