Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway Seaton 18 Jan 30 (Episode 8) - Spoilers Included

For me, this season highlights what makes a good designer and a great designer.  From the jump it was clear Christian Siriano was going to be someone to watch but he did stumble in that challenge when they had to design those prom gowns but he rallied and clearly is now a great success.  My issue with Victoria is the constant whining/pouting when things don't go her way.  I loved the judges critiques of her and how they hammered home she needed to toughen up as this is a tough business and only the truly strong (and able to accept helpful critiques) survive.  She doesn't strike me as being that person.  I think she's a good designer but not a great designer.

Honored Contributor

IMO Sergio deserved the win. Superbly crafted and beautiful sheer design. Met the challenge best. I would like it even better with less fringe. Nancy & Marquis were ok. Could really tell Brittany & Delvin were upset being safe.

Victoria’s designs look very similar to me. Not buying she doesn’t understand sheer because it’s a language issue. Chelsey’s and Victoria’s were both equally bad. Haven’t really loved anything they’ve made. Sorry to see Dayoung leave, but her health is more important. 

Respected Contributor

If Victoria doesn't have a good grasp of the English langauge, maybe an American TV show isn't the place for her.  Is there a Project Runway-Moldova or where ever she's from that she'd be more comfortable with the langauge?

Honored Contributor

An update on Dayoung:https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-18/episode-8/videos/how-is-dayoung-kim-doing-now

Interesting what Christian said about Dayoung's Ashley Longshore look.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  thank you so much for posting this!  It was a lovely, interesting interview and it's so good to know Dayoung is on the mend and I agree with what Ashley said about her design.

As for Victoria, thanks to @mousiegirl  for posting this from her biography:

Victoria strives to design sophisticated, attention-grabbing looks for powerful women and incorporates bold colors and geometric patterns into her designs.

So bold colors and geometric patterns are totally her wheelhouse and she arguably got the best print of the group fitting that description and all she did was complain about having to work with prints?  GAH, that's it for me!

Esteemed Contributor

I finished watching.

Brittany and Chelsey - I liked the color choice but did not like the outfits at all

Victoria - the color was nice but she may have run her course.  She seems more focus on whinning then her designs and understanding the challenges

Delvin- simple, well fitted and nicely finished

Marquise- I liked everything but the black bands of material they were distracting to me it seems like he could have used something else sheer to cover her.

Nancy -ok much better than last week 

Geoffrey - nice but too exposed they were bouncing all down the runway

Sergio - I must admit nailed it.  Too many fringes though but his design was beautiful

Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 Jan 30 (Episode 8) - Spoilers Included

Late to the party here, and sorry to write that Sergio deserves the win, in my opinion. The gown was so pretty and I didn't mind the fringe as many of you did.
He completely annoys me and he's so egotistical, but his dress was superior.
Brittany and Victoria bother me too! Victoria wasted all the other competitors' time with her threats to quit and her whining...I would be so mad at her if I were one of her opposing designers.
Brittany eye-rolling and complaining is so rude! And her pink pleated top wasn't even that good.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 Jan 30 (Episode 8) - Spoilers Included

On a more shallow note, Chelsey had THE coolest eyewear! Great frames and funky colors.

I think Christian has a crush on Geoffrey! 😃
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

For me, this season highlights what makes a good designer and a great designer.  From the jump it was clear Christian Siriano was going to be someone to watch but he did stumble in that challenge when they had to design those prom gowns but he rallied and clearly is now a great success.  My issue with Victoria is the constant whining/pouting when things don't go her way.  I loved the judges critiques of her and how they hammered home she needed to toughen up as this is a tough business and only the truly strong (and able to accept helpful critiques) survive.  She doesn't strike me as being that person.  I think she's a good designer but not a great designer.

@momtochloe 

I didn't watch PR way back when and Im catching up on episodes found on youtube - although not the complete series - just watched the prom episode - baby Christian vs his teen client - that dress was OMG

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe 

I didn't watch PR way back when and Im catching up on episodes found on youtube - although not the complete series - just watched the prom episode - baby Christian vs his teen client - that dress was OMG

Oh @Yahooey  that whole episode was just one big hot mess from the jump.  What I loved is how the other designers felt so sorry for him as he had been getting the smahrty-pants (you can tell I love that Hyundia SB commercial!) edit but again it just goes to show how much he has grown both as a designer and a person.  It brought tears to my eyes when I read how he jumped in to design that gorgeous dress for Leslie Jones when no other designer would work with her because of her size.  I don't see Victoria even remotely becoming that person.