Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway Seaton 18 Jan 30 (Episode 8) - Spoilers Included

@Yahooey wrote:

Let me understand 

when Victoria wins or is on the top - english HA - easy peasy

when Victoria ia on the bottom -  I wanna go home than be on the bottom?

You didn't understand sheer? BS - you saw it - it is NOT a verbal description and you went by your lonesome to Mood

You saw what everyone else was buying - duh

You refused to follow the challenge yet again and you resent Christian's comments

so...PR is supposed to hand over the 1st prize to you bc you showed up in participation?

is that what happened when you play sports in school? everyone got a prize for showing up and no one lost?

apologies for digressing...I think PR created drama in editing. We probably never saw her nature in the beginning and BAM here she is ...

all these designers who believe they know more than the judges or resent Christian's comments - have you not been watching the show? then don't go on the show

I did like Sergio's dress (minus the fringe) and Nancy's the beat.

Although I'm glad Marquis came back - he can NOT keep saying he didn't deserve to go home - look at the dart on the bustline. Just say I'm grateful for the 2nd chance and will do better.

@Yahooey  EXACTLY.  Victoria's mumbo jumbo about how it isn't her fault about her poor garments . . . well actually, yes we can and her "I don't understand sheer" was the worst.  She doesn't seem to understand challenges that don't fit her narative.

I'm glad you brought up Marquis as I forgot how annoyed I was that he constantly kept saying they shouldn't have sent me home . . . no, you had that coming and are so lucky because Deyoung backed out that you are back!

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain   Victoria has been very successful all over the world.

Victoria Cocieru

Moldova

Victoria Cocieru was born and raised in a small village in Moldova and had a natural born talent for design. Her mother encouraged her to become a designer, and at 18 she left her small village for the big city to attend the University of Design in Moldova. After graduating, she gained experience in the fashion industry by working on the sample team at a manufacturer of major brands such as Armani, Burberry, Max Mara, and Guess. In addition to working in fashion, she was an on-air host for a beauty and fashion television show. In 2010, Victoria opened her own store in Chisinau and sold 200 pieces in the first day to clients and celebrities who attended the opening. Three years ago, she won a green card through a competition to move to the United States, so she and her husband, a professional soccer player, packed up their stuff to begin their new life. In 2011 she launched her brand, Kheops, which features ready-to-wear pieces.

Victoria’s designs have been featured in Culture Trip and have been shown in major fashion shows around the world. She has dressed host of E! Patricia Zavala and America’s Next Top Model’s Rio Summers. Victoria strives to design sophisticated, attention-grabbing looks for powerful women and incorporates bold colors and geometric patterns into her designs. A hardworking and focused designer, Victoria is dedicated to creating a name and life for herself in fashion and cannot see herself in any other career path.

Respected Contributor

If Victoria wins this season, I don't think I will watch any more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Victoria is now 27 in 2020

and in 2010 at 17 she was a host for a TV show and designing/selling her own pieces?

and if she is so successful all over the world - she doesn't need to be in a competition show - so obviously she still needs some kind of recognition for the next step

some of the designers have worked in brand design houses before the competition also

Christian S being one of them

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

If Victoria wins this season, I don't think I will watch any more.

@DrKelli   I can't imagine that she will win.  In the beginning, I thought maybe, but now, the judges think of her as one note, but anything is possible, as we have seen before in seasons past.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

Victoria is now 27 in 2020

and in 2010 at 17 she was a host for a TV show and designing/selling her own pieces?

and if she is so successful all over the world - she doesn't need to be in a competition show - so obviously she still needs some kind of recognition for the next step

some of the designers have worked in brand design houses before the competition also

Christian S being one of them

Oooh the dates don't make sense. Most likely she's just older than she says. But if not... You may be onto something @Yahooey 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

hee 

simple math is the same in all countries or is it?

Victoria will explain it to us

Esteemed Contributor

If Victoria continues her tirades, she will be lucky to sell a scarf. She is beyond childish and she should be gone.  I judge by what I see her designs from week to week and I am not impressed.

Trusted Contributor

Like I mentioned last week, based on Victoria's attitude, and her design was a hot, rushed mess, I think she should have been sent home. If she would have spent half the time on her design that she did playing a drama queen, she might have redeemed herself. She's probably quite talented, but her attitude just ruins it for me.

I loved Sergio's design. It was very classic and well made. He could adjust his attitude a little as well. His self love gets to be a little much.

They should listen to Christian more....there's a reason he won his Season and why he has his own line.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I didn't finish watching it last night but will do so later this evening.

Even though I haven't seen the entire show I must say Victoria is getting on my last nerve and if she doesn't understand what the challenges are about how about using the all powerful and wonderful Google unless cell phones are banned!

@Luvitorleaveit1 , no electronic devices are allowed except when PR provides them for particular things.  They're not allowed to watch TV or hear the news either.  The people who get sent home don't actually get to go home either.  They are sequestered together and actually travel with the other designers so if someone sees them and then watches the show they can't figure out who has been sent home.  So, next week when they bring them in to help the designers and they act like they haven't seen each other in ages.......yeah, right.