Honored Contributor

Project Runway Season 18 Jan 30 (Episode 8) - Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Recap of the Fashions: https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-18/season-18/blogs/project-runway-season-18-episode-8-...

As I said last week, I don’t really understand what an Editorial Look is, so I will only be commenting about what I personally like or don’t like, not about the challenge.

I really would’ve liked Sergio’s if he had left all that long fringe off.

I don’t know how I feel about Brittany’s

Do not care for Marquis’ look at all.  He may be going back home.

Geoffrey Mac’s is interesting although I’m not into that blue fabric.  I also didn’t like seeing the model’s boobs bouncing around underneath the sheer fabric.  I couldn’t believe he actually told the judges he was hoping he wasn’t on the bottom.  That tells me he was not happy with his look, so why would the judges be?

Chelsey’s is a no, especially that weird bra part.

I think Nancy redeemed herself on this one   I really like that look.  Of course, Karlie’s comment about liking a pocket in a ball gown “THOUGH” kinda indicates she had already said something bad about it.

Victoria’s is a huge mess and she knows it.

Delvin’s is a top look for me too. 

So, for me there was only 2 top looks, Nancy and Delvin.  I guess Sergio can join them even though I really didn’t like those long fringe pieces all over it.  If he had just done the fringe for the sleeves, I would love it.

Well, Delvin was safe, so I’m going with Nancy for the win.

Brittany & Delvin were as surprised as I was that Marquis was one of the top looks.  But, good for him.

Victoria is blaming her bad design on not understanding sheer?  Could she not at least ask someone what that meant?  I’m sure her model could’ve explained it to her when they were discussing things.

Now I’m wondering if they’re going to do a real woman challenge this season.  I know they now have the curvy models, but that’s not the same to me as non-model models..

Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway Seaton 18 Jan 30 (Episode 8) - Spoilers Included

As usual I dosed off during this show.  I couldn't even remember what the challenge was so I must have fallen asleep pretty early.  Then you mentioned sheer and so I did see the beginning when Karlie came out in the sheer trench/dress affair.  I don't recall them going to Mood or anything else Cat Surprised so will have to catch this On Demand.

So did Christian bring Marquise back in a save?  Last week I thought he would have saved him but told him he had to go clean up his space.  Or did Dayoung leave due to her ill health and they brought Marquise back to fill her spot?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

As usual I dosed off during this show.  I couldn't even remember what the challenge was so I must have fallen asleep pretty early.  Then you mentioned sheer and so I did see the beginning when Karlie came out in the sheer trench/dress affair.  I don't recall them going to Mood or anything else Cat Surprised so will have to catch this On Demand.

So did Christian bring Marquise back in a save?  Last week I thought he would have saved him but told him he had to go clean up his space.  Or did Dayoung leave due to her ill health and they brought Marquise back to fill her spot?

@jellyBEAN Dayoung left and they brought Marquis back to fill her spot.  I missed what happened at Mood because I was concentrating on something else.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess    Well that is sad news.  I thought Dayoung was one of the more promising ones.  Now I do recall her laying in bed not wanting to get up and then the staff medics showing up.  After that is when I dozed off I think.  Her leaving the show is very disappointing.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@Icegoddess    Well that is sad news.  I thought Dayoung was one of the more promising ones.  Now I do recall her laying in bed not wanting to get up and then the staff medics showing up.  After that is when I dozed off I think.  Her leaving the show is very disappointing.

@jellyBEAN , yeah, I really liked her work.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just don't understand the fascination that the judges have with Victoria. Her dress was not sheer and didn't meet the challenge but she was safe. I am really getting the feeling that no matter her attitude or design, she will remain in the contest. It is so unfair to the other designers.

I knew Dayoung was too ill to remain in the contest. She probably should have left after her hospital stay. I hope she gets medical help for her illness.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Add me to the Victoria ia getting on my last nerve chorus.  She did ask what sheer meant and it was explained to her plus Christian chased her around Mood showing her all the sheer fabrics and she still picked what she picked.  She was all sweetness and light at the beginning of the competition when she was at the top but lordy she is not gracious when she falls behind.  I am glad the judges let her know to knock it off but I fear she is going to rise from the ashes next week and zoom back up to the top.  Her attitude is just terrible when she doesn't like the challenge and for that alone I would have sent her home last night.

I personally would have voted for Nancy for the win but the craftsmanship in Sergio's dress was spectacular.  I can live with it.

And I am sad to see Deyoung leave the show but I am equally as glad she did as her health was really slipping away.  It would be nice if they brought her back next season as I would really like to see what she can do when she is healthy.

Thanks as always for posting the recap @Icegoddess !

Honored Contributor

What I didn't understand is how Cristian can say that Karlie's outfit was sheer.  It was made with sheer material, but it was like 100 layers.  I didn't see her skin under there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

For me Sergio deserved the win. The fabric choice put it over Nancy. Delvin, Nancy, Brittany, Marquis, Geoffrey Chelsea and Victoria going home. Chelsea at least used sheer material and she didn't do the same dress over and over. I liked this challenge. This is why I watch PR. That and Christian. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

The recaps are up.

If Sergio wins it all I may just have to stop watching.  His attitude is over the top.  Back on the top "AS IT SHOULD BE."  Blech!  Boy, you could tell Delvin wasn't happy.