Esteemed Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 Jan 23 (Episode 7) - Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Now that the recaps are up I missed a few:

Chelsey - the design was pretty but I am not a fan of the uneven hems especially on a dress.

Marquise - liked the print but that particular model has a nice shape and I think looks better in tailored pieces that fit, not so flowy

Geoffrey - I liked the print too but I don't know about that piece

Thanks @Icegoddess for the recap photos. 

BTW I never heard of this Ashley person either.

Esteemed Contributor

My pic was Delvin. His design was the best and tailored perfect. I liked Britney's in the work room but then she added everything under the kitchen sink. I liked Sergio's dress but his ego is huge so I got a chuckle out of his facial expression when he was just safe. Nancy should of just kept the pant and top. Ditch the coat. Victoria showed her true colors. It's easy to be gracious when you win, the trick is to be gracious when you lose. I liked this episode.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Funny, in the beginning, Delvin had a ton of ruffles on the top of the pantsuit, I happen to like ruffles, a time and place for them, and Christian advised him to do far less, to which Victoria moaned, doubt he would have won with the ruffles.

I think Victoria's attitude was due to her disappointment in herself which made her angry, but whatever the reason, it did not look good.  It seems there will be an issue with her next week.  Some people don't like to be comforted when they are upset, just want to be alone, that would be me, having been an only child with a working Mother, I was alone a lot and had to deal with whatever by myself and work through it, of course, I did it in private, not on tv, lol.  

I enjoyed the designs last night.

I wonder why Dayoung is so fragile, she wondered that also last night, doesn't she eat enough, I wonder, and now next week, she is ill.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess   Thanks for posting the recap.  Considering Sergio got the last pick of the prints, I actually think his print is one of the best for the garment he made.

For me it is a tie between he and Dayoung - I think they both made the most beautiful pieces. 

There was no way they would send Veronica home as she has won at least 2 or maybe 3 challenges now.  If she continues to flame out, she'll be gone.  Sometimes a contestant will start out looking like they are unbeatable and then they falter.

I agree, the stress is getting to Dayoung and most likely is causing her to not feel well.  Plus its not just the stress of being on the show and these design challenges, they are all living together, sharing space and eating together - its a shock to her system.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

@Icegoddess   Thanks for posting the recap.  Considering Sergio got the last pick of the prints, I actually think his print is one of the best for the garment he made.

For me it is a tie between he and Dayoung - I think they both made the most beautiful pieces. 

There was no way they would send Veronica home as she has won at least 2 or maybe 3 challenges now.  If she continues to flame out, she'll be gone.  Sometimes a contestant will start out looking like they are unbeatable and then they falter.

I agree, the stress is getting to Dayoung and most likely is causing her to not feel well.  Plus its not just the stress of being on the show and these design challenges, they are all living together, sharing space and eating together - its a shock to her system.

@jellyBEAN reminds me of Ven Budhu from season 10.  I loved his work. He was masterful at manipulating fabric, but then it started looking like the same thing over and over.  The final straw was the Real Woman challenge.  He treated his model soooo badly just because she wasn't skinny.  Kept bringing it up in front of her too.  

But, then there was Anya the previous season.  She was a one-trick pony and any time she even tried to make something that wasn't a flowy dress the other designers had to help her.  (Lucky for her she was pretty).  She was very good a picking out beautiful fabrics for her flowy dresses, but that was all she could do.  And she won!

You would think if Dayoung's problem was a bug some of the other designers would also catch it considering the close quarters.  They are under such a compressed schedule that if you do start to come down with something there is no time to recover and the stress tends to also lower your immune response.  I would hate to lose such a talented designer due to illness.  Now, if Victoria storms out due to something she doesn't like about the challenge, I say Bye Bye!  I do like her aesthetic, but there's no room for that behavior in a competition.

Respected Contributor

When Nancy removed that Ridiculously LARGE jacket, I LOVED her outfit.  The top under the jacket was magnificent and slim and paired well with the fuller pants. 

The raised butterflies on Brittany's outfit were so pretty and unusual. 

Not sure who I would have picked as the winner.

DaYoung should leave the competition if she can't make it through another round, which it looks like she can't.  She is hurting her health and the competitiveness of the competition.  It's wonderful that others were helping her....  once!  but a second and third time is not fair.

Respected Contributor

I do love PR, and the addition of Christian has been great...

Loved the use of color last night.

I'd never heard of Ashely before, and though her designs are colorful and fun, they've all been seen before.

I suspect that what's allowed her to rise to the top is her fairy dust sprinkling of what's vulgar or crude w/in her designs, which has been embraced as oh so charming and novel.

I'm no pearl clutcher, but the word d--do isn't a part of my vocabulary.

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

I really liked the episode last night, after initially thinking I'd not even bother watching when I saw what their challenge entailed.

But I loved it!  I thought Sergio's was one of the top, loved Dayoung's (thought hers was the best), knew Brittany would win, and can't wait to see Victoria leave.  And Devlin!  So charming, light-hearted, handsome when he worked his tailoring skills into the design and the print fabric, a pleasure to see him embrace it and create something quite lovely.

Nancy needs to step back from the oversized coats....without the coat, it was a great look.

Christian is great - he has made a big difference in so much of their work with his suggestions or even a calculated eye-roll now and then.  I like this season more than I thought I would at the beginning, and look forward to see how they continue to develop.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was not my favorite challenge and none of them were my favorites. 

Sergio should have been on top.  His was the best of them all and I thought Geoffrey's was cute and should have been on the top also.

Brittany - didn't like any of it and was shocked she won.  Delvin's was not my favorite but it was impecabbly made and the best of the top 3.  I liked her skirt more than any of the models and also Daeyoung's when they were on the runway.

Nancy's model was swallowed up and the print didn't help matters.

Daeyoung's was just ok and I agree w/Brandon that I didn't like it.  She's always sick.  Can it be that she's making herself sick w/all the stress? 

Victoria is becoming a *itch w/her attitude and not surprised that she walks out the next show.  So you get a material that you don't like or work with.  Deal with it.  Everyone else does. 

I didn't think Marquise's was that bad and I think that Victoria should have left.  She seems to be a one trick pony with her designs week after week.

Noone has mentioned this and maybe it's not a big deal and I'm not a prude but why did they show that model topless and then they kept the camera on her for longer than they have should in my opinion.  That's a first for PR.  I just think it's inappropriate! I thought they crossed the line on this.

Not sure whose outfit in the beginning had the ruffles, and saw it on one of the posts which I can't find now, but I liked the ruffles.

I liked Chelsey's this week. 

Never heard of Ashley before but she's a trip.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET , I think the model is actually male and models in a lot of the shows. The model identifies as non binary and does androgynous modeling