Honored Contributor

Project Runway Season 18 Jan 16 (Episode 6) - Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Recap of the designs: https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-18/blogs/project-runway-season-18-episode-6-recap

Chelsea:  the varsity jacket, had something to do with her grandparents being school principals.  I, personally don’t care for it, but it'll be one of the top looks

I generally like military styles, but Geoffrey’s was a bit underwhelming.  Didn’t care for the chiffon side panels.

I really like Dayoung’s jacket, but the skirt doesn’t really work with it for me.  I liked the judge’s comment about pairing it with trousers.

Sergio’s fit the model well, but I didn’t like the cotton fabric with the names on it.  The cotton cheapened the dress.  I’m sure the judges will like his story though.  I loved Nina’s mullet comment.

Shavi’s dress was a hot mess.  I knew it would be from the first time I saw it on the mannequin.

Nancy’s look is interesting.  Funny she talked about having to wear hand-me-downs as a child because that’s actually what her outfit looks like, an eclectic collection of hand-me-downs, not the high fashion one would dream of being able to buy.

I really like Brittany’s dress, but especially with that hat, it has more a Brazilian vibe than cowboy.

Delvin’s is another hot mess.  I think fabric choices sank both him and Shavi.

Victoria’s is really blue, and not in a good way for me. Reminds me of ye olde leisure suits.  I’m sorta agreeing with the other designers that the judges are obsessed with her.  But, they were right about the fit.

While I’m not in love personally with Marquis’ look, I do think he hit the mark.

I would prefer Dayoung to win but I think they will probably choose Chelsea’s.

It’s a tossup for me as to who goes home.  I would like to ditch Sergio, but I don’t think that will happen. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 Jan 16 (Episode 6) - Spoilers Included

As usual, I watched the majority of the show through my eye lids but luckily woke up for the last ten minutes so I saw the best and the worst.  Since I didn't know what the theme for the week was, it was harder to get what was going on but yikes I couldn't believe when I saw what Sergio had sewn.  To be honest, none of the looks that I saw really struck me so I have to catch On Demand today so I can see better detail/context.  I was fine with who won, didn't necessarily agree with who was sent home.

Esteemed Contributor

The dreaded social issues/political agenda episode. At the end of the day I didn't see anything pretty, cute, unique or appealing. I did learn that Sergio's ego is bigger than his talent so he could make the number one world breaking clothing item that becomes an instant staple and I would opted out. On to next week.....

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

getting tired of Victoria's looks - the judges love her - that is not a top look for me

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The dreaded social issues/political agenda episode. At the end of the day I didn't see anything pretty, cute, unique or appealing. I did learn that Sergio's ego is bigger than his talent so he could make the number one world breaking clothing item that becomes an instant staple and I would opted out. On to next week.....

I haven't forgotten to post the re-caps.  They still haven't put them on the site.  I really wish they would.  I'd like to get a longer look at a couple of them.

It wasn't supposed to be a social issues/political agenda episode.  Sergio turned it into a political agenda.  It was supposed to be to design something that incorporated their heritage, so no reason to go there.  I don't know what I would do with that. I come from a long line of farmers.

Funny, last week Sergio designs for the 50's lady.  This week he's a political designer.  Those two don't really seem to go together.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

getting tired of Victoria's looks - the judges love her - that is not a top look for me

Oh @Yahooey  thank you!  Again, I have to watch the entire episode again but they just seem to fawn all over her and to be honest what I am starting to see if a one trick pony.  Well made and designed but not the bust out of the box designer that I would hope this show is looking for.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe @Yahooey @Nancy Drew  et al, they finally put the recaps up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

Sergio sees himself as an accomplished designer and above others

He states he uses upcycle materials - not wasteful as others

He is a political designer - fights for the voiceless

he imparts wisdom to others so eons from now - we will look at his stuff in awe

he designs only for upscale 40s upward 

anyone who is confused by his designs - he is changing the world

excuse me while I throw up

Super Contributor

These are some of the worst designers I've seen on Project Runway. Not liking & not watching. I just tune in for the fashion show. Victoria, her designs are horrible!!! But many others are as well.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I turned it off two seconds after Sergio opened his mouth and deleted the series from the DVR.

If I wanted to hear about any of that stuff I could watch the news.