Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 JAN 2 (Episode 4) - Spoilers Included

When I saw Tyler's outfit on the runway, I just knew he was a goner. It was fugly, and totally inappropriate for Karlie.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

When I saw Tyler's outfit on the runway, I just knew he was a goner. It was fugly, and totally inappropriate for Karlie.

I think if he hadn't said what he said he would still be there.  I think his comment influenced the outcome.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the rest of the show and it was very gothic, dreary looking hope there is some colorful challenges coming up.

Tyler really crossed the line with that comment to Karlie and I didn't know who she was related to but his work and mouth proved that he had to go.

Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I watched the rest of the show and it was very gothic, dreary looking hope there is some colorful challenges coming up.

Tyler really crossed the line with that comment to Karlie and I didn't know who she was related to but his work and mouth proved that he had to go.

@Luvitorleaveit1she's married to Jared Kushner's brother who is married to Ivanka Trump. 

Trusted Contributor

I think @ahoymate and @SWEET are both onto something...why DID virtually everyone immediately choose old dark mens' suits to make an outfit for a young, tall, gorgeous, blond supermodel? Totally perplexing to me too...
(My daughter thought maybe the quality of fabric was better in menswear, so they thought it would look more expensive?)

In both segments she was in, Karlie wore bright red and burgundy...why didn't any of them use bright colors when they designed for her?

@Icegoddess I caught the same thing you heard...in what thrift store or ANY store does Sergio find bolts of old Prada fabric?? I want to go there right now!

I hated the denim giant clown pants with the too-small bikini top, but I loved the winning design. Those long sleeves made from pants legs were very chic.

Another "yay!" here for designer Nancy: Even though that backwards idea was done years ago with a white blazer worn by Celine Dion at some awards show, Nancy managed to make that pink shirt look fresh and novel. I hope she stays in the competition...she seems funky and fun with a lot of cool ideas.
Honored Contributor

Not only was Tyler's look boring - he keeps defending the look that it was great. I bet you can find that look at a Dress Barn in the 80s- ruffled top and skirt.  Okay, it has a bare back....but fresh and new for a fashion event - NO!

An afer hours office holiday party - perhaps

waving hi to @MarnieRez3 

Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
I think @ahoymate and @SWEET are both onto something...why DID virtually everyone immediately choose old dark mens' suits to make an outfit for a young, tall, gorgeous, blond supermodel? Totally perplexing to me too...
(My daughter thought maybe the quality of fabric was better in menswear, so they thought it would look more expensive?)

In both segments she was in, Karlie wore bright red and burgundy...why didn't any of them use bright colors when they designed for her?

@IcegoddessI caught the same thing you heard...in what thrift store or ANY store does Sergio find bolts of old Prada fabric?? I want to go there right now!

I hated the denim giant clown pants with the too-small bikini top, but I loved the winning design. Those long sleeves made from pants legs were very chic.

Another "yay!" here for designer Nancy: Even though that backwards idea was done years ago with a white blazer worn by Celine Dion at some awards show, Nancy managed to make that pink shirt look fresh and novel. I hope she stays in the competition...she seems funky and fun with a lot of cool ideas.

A little off topic, but there was a male contestant on Jeopardy named Austin who was a bartender in NYC.  He told Alex that he purchases all his clothing/suits from thrift shops, esp. on the upper Eastside because he can find clothing from any of the famed designers, namely Armani and other famed menwear designers (upper Eastside is a VERY rich area), so it IS possible.  I'm sure it works for women's clothing as well.  Out with the old, in with the new.  Woman Wink

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I suppose they don't want to be bothered with sellling them on one of those re-selling sites like Poshmark. I saw a commercial the other day for one of those sites where someone was talking about how much money she made and all I could think was how much she spent in the first place.  Those places won't even look at my cast-offs.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I suppose they don't want to be bothered with sellling them on one of those re-selling sites like Poshmark. I saw a commercial the other day for one of those sites where someone was talking about how much money she made and all I could think was how much she spent in the first place.  Those places won't even look at my cast-offs.

The one that says she could pay for her wedding?  She must have spent tens and tens of thousands!  

Honored Contributor

I missed the show, but just watched the after show with Christian.  He is so funny, love him.