Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 JAN 2 (Episode 4) - Spoilers Included

I just played it back and saw it.

Looks like she's posing with it on in a closet and didn't actually wear it to the event. I couldn't find photos of her at the event.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I think Tyler got eliminated because it was political. Karlie Kloss's husband Joshua is worth over $800 million. She acted like she was trying to hide it. The other two outfits were just as bad if not worse. This show is all about personalities --don't upset the judges or you will be out.

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

Not only was Tyler's look boring - he keeps defending the look that it was great. I bet you can find that look at a Dress Barn in the 80s- ruffled top and skirt.  Okay, it has a bare back....but fresh and new for a fashion event - NO!

An afer hours office holiday party - perhaps

waving hi to @MarnieRez3 

@Yahooey  . . . SNORT!  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Yahooey  Shout out to Yahooey for your Dress Barn post - it made @momtochloe snort - and me too!

PR Posters, have you seen this?

From Entertainment Weekly:

"Former Project Runway contestant Tyler Neasloney is making the most of his 15 seconds of viral fame, which he garnered by calling out host Karlie Kloss' connection to the Kushner family on last week's episode of the reality show. After being eliminated from the competition, Neasloney is now selling T-shirts emblazoned with his eyebrow-raising quip, "Not even to dinner with the Kushners?"

The T-shirts are $35.00 with half of the proceeds benefiting an LGBTQ youth charity.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

Thank you! I am now moving to New York City to go to their thrift stores! lol

I remember that Jeopardy bartending contestant, but I don't remember that comment. I wish I could search through all those Upper East Side thrift stores for handbags and shoes and used coats and designer clothing.Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Location, location location is the word to keep in mind when shopping at thrift stores in NYC especially in certain areas of Manhattan.  A friend of mind use to shop there all the time and I was like no way but I went with her and the items we looked at were unbelievable and looked new.  I was shocked but I quickly became a believer.... 

Honored Contributor

However, there is a big difference between designing an outfit using Prada castoff/overrun fabric which is what Sergio was referring to, and designing an outfit using designer clothing whether off the rack or from a thrift store.  

Sergio seemed to think he had a lock on this design challenge because he bought Prada overruns.  

We used to have a wonderful fabric store in a really small town about an hour away in TN called Sir's that carried a lot of designer overruns.  So, in that sense I could be able to say I was sewing sustainably because I bought fabric from there, may they RIP (nobody died; the store burned down).  However, to me it was more about the recycling of the fabric so that it was used more than once.  As far as overruns goes, it wouldn't matter if it's Prada or any other brand of fabric when it comes to sustainability.  That's just using up what was left over, and more than likely somebody will end up picking that up and using it for something whereas an already made garment will not.

Honored Contributor

Sigh, ok I have tried to watch this now three times and each time have fallen asleep including the rerun from last night (ugh) . . . I swear I am going to drink like four cups of coffee and glue my eyes open so I can finally see this episode!