Valued Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 FEB 27 (Episode 12) - Spoilers Included

Geoffrey is my favorite to win. Unlike Sergio who already has a successful line, Geoffrey really needs the win and could benefit from business mentoring IMHO. I am not that impressed with Victoria's talent. She still strikes me as more of a one-trick pony with her style. Every time she strays from her formula it really shows. Some of her experiments were truly hideous! I love Nancy - she really is creative in that she experiments right up to the last minute, sometimes with mixed results but you have to admire her approach. She knows who she is and she always seems to be enjoying herself.  I was very impressed with her avant-garde look!  I did not realize she had that in her.  Cannot wait to see what she creates for her collection. Sergio is totally annoying but his saving grace for me is how consistently nice and supportive he has been to Nancy. You cannot argue with his craftsmanship and quality. Not surprised he made the final cut.  I did NOT like Brittany's avant-garde look.  That coat was yuck and not well made. I thought the judges gave her more credit than she deserved. Marquise was always at a disadvantage being self-taught. It is too bad that there were not more menswear competitions because he is in his element then. He really struggles with women's looks. Sorry he is gone, but he could not compete at the final cut.

Esteemed Contributor

What a show at the Vessel!  Interesting architectural structure and the views must be amazing and even though it's not far from where I work I don't think I plan to visit it any time soon my vertigo might act up.

I re-watched the show since I fell asleep and woke up to see Marquise and Brittany already eliminated...how disappointing that Victoria is still in the competition....bummer.

I thought Geoffrey was amazing what he did with that latex and the model's makeup was excellent and perfect.

Sergio's was really beautiful coming down the steps with that train.  He could have done something else with the makeup though.

Nancy was very nice too but I wish she had used color.

Marquise - I liked it but I wonder if he too would have been better off using something other than that silver.  I was hoping to see more from him.

Brittany - loved the color but that was about it for me.

Victoria - the first time I watched I was like what the heck, the second time I must say I loved the colors she used and how it flowed but that earring thing I didn't like.  Victoria is a hit or miss to me.  She will be in full whine mode now that she is in the finals.

Honored Contributor

Here is a link to the recaps if anybody missed the looks or want a longer look at them:  https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-18/blogs/project-runway-season-18-episode-12

@chvall99 I'm still rooting for Nancy.  I feel for Geoffry and his mney problems, but the judges can't base their decision on that.  As far as Victoria being a one-trick pony, that was something she pretty much said herself when she was designing for the athlete.  She was happy the athlete wanted an asymetrical design because "I'm an asymetrical designer."  

I think a mentorship would be lost on Sergio considering how he kept blowing off Christian.  

Brittany didn't pay attention to Christian either when he told her that her pleating was looking messy.  That was part of the problem with her pink coat, but that simple sheath dress underneath kinda ruined it for her.  

I do have one observation that is off the topic of the actual designs though it does involve Geoffry's dress.  Last season I had a discussion with someone about the use of hot glue.  I said that E6000 glue would work better for attaching rhinestones than hot glue  I was told that only hot glue could be used.  However, unless that is specifically stated in the rules, I see no reason why they couldn't buy E6000 along with fabric and notions at Mood.  After watching this episode I really have a hard time believing that E6000 glue is not allowed when water based Lube is allowed.  That's what Geoffry was using on the latex part of his skirt.  I mean, we are talking about the stuff the gynecologist uses when doing a pelvic exam (among other uses which might get deleted if I mentioned it).

I need to go back and watch the show again.  I was watching in a hotel room with my husband and a friend and I was trying to explain Avant Garde to her. She didn't understand the idea of designing something that nobody would ever really wear.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe it is for the drama but it seems that the designers especially this season are very full of themselves. They praise themselves constantly - Yes, I'm talking to you Sergio. 

Some blow off Christian as well as the judges. If they are so wonderful - why do they even need the show?

Nancy and Sergio will not win - the judges are not crazy about either one.

HIs work is impeccable but I don't know if he is as fashion forward (whatever that means) as the judges want. Nancy with her oversize coats and pants - she has been warned so I hope to see some great things but don't think the judges will ever pick her.

I also am sick of Victoria and I hope Geoffrey wins if he can pull himself together. He has been gaining momentum while Victoria is losing steam. Who knows?

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess . are you back for this week's episode?  I just need to write myself a reminder to start the thread if you aren't

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

@Icegoddess . are you back for this week's episode?  I just need to write myself a reminder to start the thread if you aren't

@DrKelli yes, I am back.  Thanks for doing it for me last week.  

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess Agreed about the hot glue rule. When I think of hot glue I think of crafts not clothes!  When it came to the water-based lube I was sort of like huh? Is that what people finish latex with??  I sew a lot but I have not created costumes for cosplay so no experience with that fabric.

Good point about Geoffrey and his $$ issues I was reacting with my emotions and not my logic!  I do like most of his designs. Fingers crossed for Nancy!