Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 FEB 27 (Episode 12) - Spoilers Included

@mspatmac  you took the words out of my mouth about my personal feelings influencing my opinions of Victoria's work.  I am rewatching the show right now as of course I snoozed through most of it but even without seeing what Victoria created I still wished they had selected Brittany even though I thought her final look was really taken down more than a few pegs with that dress under the jacket.

Ok, now I have to scoot off to Mood's website to see if you can order that adorable Swatch shopping bag!

Respected Contributor

I think the Project Runway designers have been particularly creative this year.

Respected Contributor

I'M ROOTING 100% FOR PHILLY GIRL NANCY!

Esteemed Contributor

I am rooting for Sergio just on pure talent. His personality is lacking but it is a design competition so for me that is what I am going by.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved Geoffrey's "Land Before Time" or whatever they called it.  That panel was so young that they had no idea that it was a tv show.  That cape was incredible.  He's always such a mess at Mood but he always gets it together.

How could they say (or did I hear wrong) that Victoria's was different from the rest of her designs?  That earring was weird and I'd be afraid of moving like Brandon said and her other boob falling out.  Tired of her whining and complaining.

Glad Brittany is gone.  It was just a plain dress and the jacket or whatever it was wasn't that dramatic to me.  She was another whiner.

Sergio's was incredible and Nina was very harsh w/him.  He has a great chance of winning the whole thing. But so does Geoffrey.

As for Nancy & Marquise, I'm up and down w/their designs.  I'm tired of Nancy's dark colors but it was avant garde.  I like Marquise's and it was too but I think Nancy's was dramatic.

Onto the rest of the season.  Should be interesting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I picked the four that would go to the runway, and after viewing the fashion last night, knew I was right before the judges said anything, and I am especially glad that Nancy will go through, and I can't wait to also see what Victoria brings.  I think Geoffrey just may win as the judges are impressed, anything is possible, hope Sergio doesn't as he has been in so many shows, don't even know why he is on Project Runway since he is so well established, hardly seems fair, but maybe it is to make the others shoot higher and stretch themselves.

Valued Contributor

I am rooting for anyone but Victoria to win.

I had to LOL last night when Nina told Marquise that his outfit looked like the tin man!

And Brittany's coat looked like a second grade arts and crafts project with those cheesy butterflies stuck everywhere.

Respected Contributor

I am rooting for Nancy or Geoffrey to win.  Nancy so deserved the win last week as she really put a lot of thought into it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I definitely think Geoffrey & Sergio deserve to be in the finals. They seem to be the most creative and talented to me. Happy for Nancy, but I don’t think she’s quite as gifted in design as the others. I really hope Victoria doesn’t win! 

Honored Contributor

I loved Geoffrey's again. You can see all his experience in the way he manipulates materials. So Impressive. He's still my fave. (I hope his health is okay. He often looks flushed to me and since they haven't mentioned any conditions, it's hard to know whether it's something to ignore or not. And of course it's none of my beeswax.)

Nina really does not like Sergio. I don't think he's endeared himself to hardly anyone. But that's not a reason to dismiss his work with vague claims. It's a reason not to invite him out to lunch.

I wish Nina had said exactly which pieces from Alexander McQueen (RIP) she was referring to and then PR could have shown a picture to make her point. I don't see how Japan as an influence belongs to anyone. Geishas vs lady Samuraii are very different topics. The Bjork makeup with the tiny lip was old hat that has been done a zillion times and was kind of embarrassing to see.

Nancy is an underdog. And if she wins, I will be really happy and a little surprised. It would be great if she can amaze us all with a wicked runway show. She can do it.

Victoria. LOL Maybe she'll surprise me too. If she puts out an amazing runway that beats everyone else, I'll have to hand it to her. I'll say again that her drama llama routine has guaranteed her a spot in the All Stars shows.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr