Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 FEB 13 (Episode 10) - Spoilers Included

Geoffry seems like a lovely, sweet & kind guy & I loved his design this week, but he seems sort of fragile emotionally.  He's going to have to develop a thicker skin or the fashion industry will eat him alive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

kudos to Brittany for taking notes and sharing her knowledge -

You are taking a master class on a new techniques and you don't take notes?

Yes, Sergios's sundress is very vibrant and spring like

I do like Nancy's outfit but I don't think the judges will want to see a whole collection from her. Why do these designers insist that their recycled designs are brand new? Yes, the dye tie design is one of my favorites and I love the flowy effect - but sweetie, we have seen your wide leg wrap pants a few times. Delvin and Brittany are always ragging on her - worry about your own stuff

Bad mouthing and talking back to judges will not do you any favors - why can't they just zip it? You are obviously on this show bc you believe this show can propel you forward. OY

Did anyone see the aftershow? Christain says Delvin is a very talented tailor and NOT designer - I'm sure he meant exactly that and NOT 'designer' hmmm...

yes, I also agree - the judges want to see a collection from Victoria

perhaps, Geoffrey - he is coming into his own and his designs are a bit different each time.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished watching the show>

Nancy was ok I loved how her print turned out but I'm not into flowy pants too much material and it was the same old same old from her.  She also needed a better top to go with those pants.

Sergio's was very pretty love the yellow but nothing I haven't seen before.

Victoria's was a hot mess, I couldn't stop laughing at her super hero look.  At this stage of the competition that what she sends down the runway oh my goodness. I am disappointed she was not sent home.

Marquis his look was ok.

Delvin's was pretty.  I would have loved to see what more he had to offer

Brittany It was ok but the fact that she used silk I think really made the material look rich.

Geoffry's dress was absolutely beautiful, I loved the color and everything it looked really nice on the model plus she didn't have too much going on in the chest area so it fit her well.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess

You MADE this stunning skating outfit?? It is soooo pretty! Love the dip-dyed or gradiant-dyed blue. You are really talented.

Loved this week's show.
New Rule: Leslie Jones must judge EVERY week. She is HILARIOUS! 😃
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Icegoddess

You MADE this stunning skating outfit?? It is soooo pretty! Love the dip-dyed or gradiant-dyed blue. You are really talented.

Loved this week's show.
New Rule: Leslie Jones must judge EVERY week. She is HILARIOUS! 😃

@MarnieRez3 thank you.  Yes, I made it.  I actually kinda designed it too.  I changed to sleeves to bell sleeves and I added fabric at the neckline.  I don't remember what other changes if any I made to my pattern.  But, it has an open back so I had to add belt loops to hold the loose neckline fabric that follows it around to the back. I was going for a kinda ethereal look since I was skating to a beautiful flute rendition of Amazing Grace.  I dip-dyed the pieces after cutting them out and after sewing them together because I remember I used white thread and the dye didn't take to the thread since it was polyester.  

Leslie Jones was funny although I was concerned that she was giving away too much during the runway show with her loud comments.  

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess

Gurllll....that outfit is gorgeous! I'm so impressed with your sewing and DESIGNING ability. I can now visualize how perfect the flowy fabric worked with Amazing Grace played on the flute. Angelic.
Is this pose the END of your performance or the BEGINNING?
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 that is the ending pose.  Knee slide into the pose.  Wish I could post the music here.  It's really pretty.

I used to get a lot of my music from a site called MP3 dot com.  It no longer exists, at least not in the same form.  It was all non-copyright music by artists trying to be discovered in some way or another.  It was really neat.