Honored Contributor

Project Runway Season 18 DEC 5 - Spoilers Included

I agreed with the winning look; however, I did not agree with the other pair they judged them against.  I hate that brown fabric.  The jumper looked like something from days gone by, and the dress didn't fit well.  There were other teams that had better look like the other black outfits with the jumper with the deep back V with lacing and peek-a-boo waist.  But then they would have two top looks that were totally black.  The white with red look was also better than the runners-up.  The dress didn't flatter the model, but the construction was beautiful the little we got to see of it with the horizontal pleating.  I also liked the old lady's look (and I'm not being mean, I'm almost that age and in fashion 65 is ancient) although I didn't care so much for her partner's look.

I did agree with both of the bottom teams.  Those were horrid in my opinion.

I don't know names yet, so I can only go by describing the looks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 DEC 5 - Spoilers Included

I didn't watch last night as by the time it comes on where I live - 9:30?, I knew I'd probably be falling asleep by the time the looks get to runway for judging.  So I will watch on demand over the weekend (hope its listed).

I hope they are not scraping the bottom of the barrel for designers again.  Seems lately there are 2 or 3 decent designers and the rest are holly hobby types with no taste for real style.

I accept the new judges and all, Christian is OK as a mentor.  However, I do miss Tim Gunn, he sorta made the show worth watching for me.  'Something about Tim's demeanor and speech pattern I njoyed and he was always impeccably dressed.  Thanks for the update on your thoughts of the challenge. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting us off @Icegoddess !  I was ok with both the winners and losers but thought there were other looks that should have been the second place team.  I LOVED that dress by the old lady (hee, she's my age too!) and she seems like she'll be a good person to have around when the meltdowns start.

I still can't get over how tall Karlie Kloss is even next to the models and my favorite line of the night was when that guy with the hat whizzed by Christian at Mood and said something about needing help(?) and Christian said you could lose that pancho . . . HEE!

I can already tell I think his name is Sergio is going to be on my list as he kept compairing himself to Brandon and Christian in terms of talent.  We'll see how he does but I have a feeling his flameout is going to be epic.

And best of all, Swatch!  So good to see that good boy . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the thread, @Icegoddess!   I haven't watched the first episode yet.   In case it's helpful for someone else, I'll share my "cheat sheet" from Bravotv that I use 'til I get the names sorted out.

AB776A9E-F0C2-4023-91D7-114818C11909.jpeg

52F43FD3-0021-412E-B240-0716665D9101.jpeg

89DBF0D8-447E-4267-B6E1-67AB121F54CE.jpeg

48532455-1A48-462B-B902-F10FBAA4121C.jpeg

42368F58-D9D8-4970-AE99-A5E4A9CB3D7B.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the cheat sheet @dooBdoo.  After looking at it, I think it is Geoffry that thinks so much of himself @momtochloe.  I think he made a point that he had designed something for some celebrity, so he thinks he's right up there with the top designers and isn't interested in any mentoring from Christian. 

Respected Contributor

I ONE THOUSAND PERCENT AGREED with WHO THEY SENT PACKING!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right decision to do a double elimination.  The brown outfits were horrible and the other 2 were just as bad.

Loved the winning designs. Can't believe that they had a team challenge so early but at least mostly they got along.  I didn't see any fighting so that's good. The outfits w/the strap across the chests looked very uncomfortable and very strange looking even though it was a "space" challenge.

The winning designs were perfect for the challenge and glad they won.

Esteemed Contributor

Karlie Kloss has no charisma. Thank goodness for Christian Soriano, otherwise the show would be a bust.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

good to see ya @Icegoddess 

where is @LoriLori and @MarnieRez3 

I guess they need the drama and more air time but Sergio thinks he is on the same level as Brandon and Christian - you know you will see a lot of him moaning and biat ching

He must be livid that his teamate won over him - didn't think much of his dres with or without the sleeves - her jumpsuit was terrific

Agree with many here that the 2nd place team is a head scratcher to me

to make them team up from the get go is tough - the judges have no idea where their aesthetic is and would have probably only sent 1 home if they think the other has potential - can't tell by the looks they sent down the runway.

Poncho guy - really? you lost the bag with your main fabric on day 1? I would have held onto the bag so tightly and triple checking everything was bagged up. I guess holding onto the poncho was more important - NOT - love Christain

Super Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Karlie Kloss has no charisma. Thank goodness for Christian Soriano, otherwise the show would be a bust.

ITA!  I really don't care for any of the judges. I really miss Michael Kors!   LOVE Christian!

I do like the designers much better this year.