Honored Contributor

Project Runway Season 18 DEC 19 (episode 3) - Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Link to a recap of the looks:

https://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/season-18/season-18/blogs/project-runway-season-18-episode-3-...

Sergio’s dress is nice. Could’ve done without the bells though.  I expect it to be one of the top looks.

Victoria’s is very busy, but well made.

I liked Geoffrey Mac’s skirt, but not the space girl top.

Tyler’s Hoochi Mama dress was horrid.

Alan’s snow girl dress is…what can I say,…. just no.

Melanie’s dress could’ve looked better without the strings hanging down.

Shavi’s dress, was beautifully made.  I expect it made one of the top looks.

Poor Brittany’s dress.  I guess she was lucky just to get something on the model.

Loved Nancy’s dress.  Could’ve done without the boot accessory.  I missed what material she used since she said it wasn’t particularly unconventional, so that might keep her out of the top 3. 

Dayoung’s dress was absolutely stunning. 

In the end I would choose Sergio’s dress for the win from the top 3 chosen, but I do wish Dayoung’s dress had been chosen as one of the top 3 dresses.  Any one of the bottom three could go home as far as I’m concerned.

Respected Contributor

Re: Project Runway Season 18 DEC 19 (episode 4) - Spoilers Included

I actually liked the bells ring a dinging on Sergio's dress.  All in all, I thought his was pretty clever and the top in which he used wrapping paper was very pretty with the ivory and gold. 

Shavi's red dress was also very festive but I think he was at a disadvantage w/his model.  Especially around the bust area it just looked so huge and billowy on her.  And I agree about Victoria's dress just being too busy.  Too much going on and I thought it was very costumey.

As for the 3 bottom looks, I thought Tyler's was especially bad.  It looked like something made by someone who didn't know what they were doing.  The fit, the design, everything about it was a hot mess.  I find Alan very annoying, and am not sorry to see him go, but I think his dress had more design and creativeness to it than Tyler's.  Brittany's was a disaster, but I guess because she was a winner earlier in the competition, they decided to hang on to her.  She really lost herself on this challenge.

I am njoying this season so far.  I do think they are focusing a lot on Dayoung.  It makes me think her days are numbered. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN I agree about the bust area of Shavi's dress. They were just so huge.

The thing about Brittany's dress, the top was actually well-done.  Too bad should lost it on the skirt.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Icegoddess  and @jellyBEAN !

As per usual, I snoozed through the entire thing so I just caught up On Demand.  I love me the Alternate Fabrics episode (sorry I can't think of the actual name) and enjoyed it (although I did miss my Swatch).

I know I have been vocal about my feelings about the rather boastful Sergio but he truly deserved the win this week and I liked that they knocked some of the edges off of him when he was helping Tiffany(?) (the blonde that almost went home).  

I am also not made about who went home as half the show was the camera guys following him around trying on other designers garments for fit, various accessories/head pieces.  I kept thinking dude, stop wandering and start sewing!  I agree, he didn't have the "worst" dress but of the three that were left (for me) he had the least talent (and won't be there to distract anymore).

As for Dayoung's outfit, I thought it was just lovely and I am surprised you folks couldn't hear my gasp when Brendon dogged it out as normally we like the same things.  Seriously, that really took me by surprise.

All in all, I really enjoyed the episode.  Designers are settling in and are starting to show what they can really do.  I think this is one of their better seasons in a long time.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe, what did Brandon say about Dayoung's dress?  I sometimes miss those comments whispered back and forth between the judges.  I really liked her dress too.  The bust area was a little crafty looking, but the rest of the dress was quite lovely.

Honored Contributor

I really dislike the unconventional junk episodes. I want to see fashion not a craft show.

It's unfair in that it's a grab fest, leaving some with a landfill while others are left with whatever fell off the truck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am loving Christian this season, much more outgoing than last, makes me laugh.

The right person was out last night, though the other guy was bad also.  I liked Shavi's dress and Dayyoung's, didn't like Sergio's in that I wouldn't wear it, but realize it was the craftsmanship that took the win.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@momtochloe, what did Brandon say about Dayoung's dress?  I sometimes miss those comments whispered back and forth between the judges.  I really liked her dress too.  The bust area was a little crafty looking, but the rest of the dress was quite lovely.

@Icegoddess  it was one of those off mic comments.  He whispered to Elaine Welteroth something about "oh, I don't know about that" and she said "oh, I rather like it" and I was like "me too!".  There was a lot of schmatta strolling down that runway but for me her garment wasn't one of them.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl
Well I must agree...Christian seems sooo much more relaxed this season and is funny and sweet but also really trying to steer the designers away from fashion disaster.
I also agree with the above posters who said that this season is really enjoyable, with no designer that is completely abysmal. The preview has Laverne Cox as a guest judge...and the contestants are charged with making an outfit for host Karlie Kloss.
Bravo is changing the time slot for PR after the New Year. I hope it's not a reflection of poor ratings.
Absolutely fun season so far! But...@mtc needs her Swatch fix! 😄
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3, it's moving back to it's original time slot which I kinda like better except that we often meet friends for dinner on Thursday night and it sometimes cuts it close to make it home on time.