Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway SPOILER 11/16

Hi @LoriLori!

When they showed some of all the winners collections last night, I remember there being some pretty ones.

So since I didn't remember names , I just finished watching youtube and all the seasons designers and some of their collections.

I liked some of a lot of them but don't love all of one designer.

I think Sean Kelly's pieces with not too much fringe are interesting and pretty.

It seems like they can make some beautiful pieces and then some very strange, weird ones like maybe trying to keep up with the weirdness on the runway (or is that called avant-guard nowadays?!😎

Well, it was interesting to watch.

Oh and I think its Seth Aaron who has a line on QVC now.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay, you can't send a collection down the runway -- whether it's Project Runway or Paris, NY and London -- without art pieces.  Unless you're a moderately successful designer who only does RTW, runway shows are meant to be artistic and aspirational.  Some of it will never be worn, some of the more wearable pieces will show up (sometimes modified) at galas and on the Red Carpet.

That's why I feel so bad for Brandon.  Why didn't Tim tell him that?  He was a menswear designer.  IIRC he didn't even do a gown!  His green gown was lovely and very Met Gala.  I think he didn't get the right advice from Tim.  Neither did Margarita but I don't care about her.

Kentaro's was art.  I didn't like the art but it was art and that's why he won.  I roll my eyes and groan at the eight pieces they made in Kentaro's name for Penney's.  IMO not one of them works for an everyday woman.  That is not the time for art LOL!

Occasional Contributor

Nonsense win.  I doubt that reproducing any of those looks for Penneys are going to result in a high sales volume.  The collection was more for a museum or collector of art.  Most women could not wear any of those outfits.

I felt Margarita should have won.  It was colorful and original.   Brandon and Aylana showed collections that were of a boring color palette  Their collections needed more pizazz.

Respected Contributor

Ayana should have won in my opinion.  I think anyone could wear her clothes.  As far as Brandon I think his was the same every week.  Margherita's was good but not for everyone and I did not like Kentaro's at all. 

Respected Contributor

I noticed that when they had Yolanda Hadid making comments from the audience in the finale it said she's the host of a TV show called Making A Model or something similar. 

Was this program shown already or is it an upcoming show? What channel?

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I noticed that when they had Yolanda Hadid making comments from the audience in the finale it said she's the host of a TV show called Making A Model or something similar. 

Was this program shown already or is it an upcoming show? What channel?

I also saw her as a judge on American Beauty Star and I googled it and it said it was a series coming to LifetimeTV but it didn't say when.  I think it's still in production.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

R.I.P.  I also saw this in today's Washington Post.  

She was only 53.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/11/17/wendy-pepper-project-runway-dead/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was surprised over Katntero.  Though I do like him.  I liked them all except for Margarita.  I thought her clothing and personality was obnoxious.  Pleased she finished at the bottom.  Should be an interesting reunion show next up.

Sad about Wendy Pepper.  There was another person who died too.  I think (not sure) his name was Michale Knight?  Anyone know?  He was a youngish black male contestent.  More recently then Wendy.

For those wondering about Yolanda Hadid (she struck gold with her offspring) She will star in a new show

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/yolanda-hadid-new-show-on-lifetime

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

I was surprised over Katntero.  Though I do like him.  I liked them all except for Margarita.  I thought her clothing and personality was obnoxious.  Pleased she finished at the bottom.  Should be an interesting reunion show next up.

Sad about Wendy Pepper.  There was another person who died too.  I think (not sure) his name was Michale Knight?  Anyone know?  He was a youngish black male contestent.  More recently then Wendy.

For those wondering about Yolanda Hadid (she struck gold with her offspring) She will star in a new show

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/yolanda-hadid-new-show-on-lifetime

It was Mychael Knight who died who was only 39  somewhere. He died 10/17 and Wendy just died yesterday. 

They might have changed the name of the show since I heard it was going to be called Making A Model.  That's the caption they showed on American Beauty Star and on PR Finale.

Trusted Contributor

I thought each of the final 4 had a couple of outstanding pieces in their "collection" at the end.  I did not like ALL of ANY of their pieces, but I did like a couple from each person.  This has become one of my favorite TV shows, and I hope they stay around for a few more seasons!