Regular Contributor

Re: Project Runway SPOILER 11/16

Not a fan of the winning collection, although I do like Kentaro.  I was routing for Ayana for the win.  I knew that Brandon blew it when I saw that all his pieces looked so similar (same fabric).  He was too confident that he would win.

I wanted to say that I have watched Project Runway from the beginning and my pick for the winner has never been the one the judges ultimately picked (other than when Mondo won for Project Runway All Stars.) lol.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Brandon over layered and came across as bland. Ayana's gown and the two silver pieces didn't go with the ruffle things and the fabric was bland as well. Margaretta's while colorful, were nothing new as far as design. Kentara's were what a runway is meant to be and was my pick to win.

Honored Contributor

I am so glad Brandon didn't win, so arrogant, and one note, didn't like his fashions, ever.  

I actually love Margarita's clothes, but knew she wouldn't win as her clothes are not for everyone.

I think Ayana didn't win due to her clothes basically being for specific women, though some of her outfits I really liked.

Kentauro, for the judges, brought the wow factor.  I think he can design a broad range of fashion and could do most anything, and he is a sweet person, not full of himself.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also thought Brandon was a shoe in considering how they fawned over him every week. His clothes were an exercise in how many ways you can think of to let strips of fabric hang from whatever boxy piece of material you are wearing. As for Heidi, I've said this before and will say it again......she wears some seriously ugly dresses......and the deep cut vee necks do her no favors, she is too, uhmmm, low slung for that. She is in need of some uplifting in that area.

Honored Contributor

My favorite was Ayana, but I really have no problem with the finalists or the winner. As long as those horrible twins were gone, it was all good.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My favorite was Ayana, but I really have no problem with the finalists or the winner. As long as those horrible twins were gone, it was all good.

Speaking of those twins, did you see the previews of the reunion? Looks like they take a beating. And those nose rings, puleeeze!

Trusted Contributor

When is the reunion?

Honored Contributor

@on the baywrote:

...But really would most of Kentaros appeal to many?! 

I thought the winner gets to have a collection in JCP's. I can't see any of Kentaros selling there.

And I just didn't like any of them except the new piece he created-the one that wasn't totally wacky to me. I do like him though.

@on the bay, the collection went live right after he was announced at the winner.  I can't link to JC Penney because they will poof it but you can go there and see it.  Interesting that in listing the prizes I noticed they said "the opportunity to design a collection" for JCP.  The items there say "inspired by Kentaro."  They're already on sale.  

JMO but I think they're horrible.  The rest of the JCP collection is nice. 

IMO last night was the weakest runway show in the history of the show and that ten-minute video showing all ten winning collections since the show moved to Lifetime showed clearly how the quality has gone down year by year with a few exceptions.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori-

I so agree with you! I watched that after winners thing later on that night too and was remembering how beautiful some of those were!

Thanks for the info about the JCP collection thing-I'll watch that!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"